crowther 10 modifications

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by lincpike, Sep 6, 2004.

1. tonysuncat

tonysuncat Junior Member

Sorry about the rubbish pixs.will get my act together

Just waiting for things to happen and want to continue getting advice on modifying my cat.It is hard to know where to spend the money as everything is a compromise.....
    I hope people stay onboard as I appreciate the advice

2. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

There was a bloke in Toowoomba I think that ended up with some molds from Beach marine, he had the PC 9/10/Targa32 set & also the "Pacific Cruiser 44" that he built a charter power cat from, think it was for sale in the Whitsundays. Jeff.

http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=10463563

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  3. tonysuncat

tonysuncat Junior Member

Beam size and mast size

My hardtop is supported by 4 SS posts and the rear is 200mm solid glass attacjhed to the cabin top and forward 2 supports also glassed in so at the moment their is not much lateral strength
    I just measured my cross beam and it is 8inches by 5.4 wall thickness with a dolphin stricker going 2 foot down to support the mast
    The mast is a Sparcraft section 13mtrs by 3/16 and is rotating.I have been waiting 10 days for Sparcraft to get back to me to see if they have a extrusion the same profile to extend mine to give me a bigger main.
    I took the mast down once by hand and it was bloody heavy taking 6 guys to carry it.
    Basicly I am hoping in 1985 they overbuilt this boat for survey and with new technology I can make the most of it.
    The rigging is 6 years old and 10 mm ss

4. Danger

Danger New Member

Hi tony
    I also have a crowther 10 sports cruiser, on our delivery trip last year we stopped at maggie and tied up next to your boat, I have some photos somewhere, I'd love to talk about our boats, I've had some issues with mine.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.