Catamaran Dinghy Specifications
1) Is 10’ feet long x 54 inch beam
2) Weigh 95 lbs. without motor
3) Very easy to row
4) Dry when going to windward in a chop
5) Easy to clean
6) Holds four people
7) Plane's easily with a 6 hp
8) Easy to walk off the bow
9) Maintenance free. No air, no leaks
10) Hold up well in the Caribbean sun
11) Turns on a dime
12) Is fast and stable
13) Fits on a car roof rack and is easily moved by only 2 people.
14) Has two Aluminum Oars
15) Stainless-Steel Oarlock Side Socket base
16) Four SS Lifting Eye Straps 1-7/8"L x 7/16"W for hanging dinghy off davits
17) 3/4 – Round Gunnel Guard all the way around
18) Two Rectangular Access Hatch’s, Overall: 11-1/8" x 14-3/4"
19) Stainless-Steel Rub Strakes to protect bottom when dragging up on a beach
20) Made from composites, epoxy and fiberglass layup
21) Optional: Mount a folding ladder off the bow for stable diving and snorkeling
This Catamaran Dinghy is very stable and fast. You can turn her hard over at any speed and she turns flat and on a dime.
She is just an effortless pleasure to row. I easily rowed her for over a mile, you can go full speed into a 20 knot chop and be dry as a bone.
------------------------------- Why a cat dinghy verses and inflatable
1) Most inflatable’s give a wet ride in 15+ knot chop
2) Inflatables are noisy when tied behind the boat and water laps up under the tubes
3) Inflatables need more HP to push them
4) Inflatables row poorly
5) Inflatables turn poorly
6) Inflatables get stains and are hard to clean
7) Inflatables do not hold up well in the sun. Need expensive chaps in the Caribbean sun
8) Inflatables get leaks and most need to be repaired in just 4 years.
9) Cats Plane 600 pounds with only 10 horsepower
10) Cat seating arrangement gives you the advantage of choosing the direction you wish to face.
11) The Cat Tunnel increases the hull planning efficiently, by causing the water flow through it, to form a pressure which enhances the lift
12) Cats are Super Stable, roomy, safe and can carry a big payload and still plane with low horsepower.
13) Cats have no feeling of getting up on step, they transitioned smoothly from slow to high speeds.
14) Cats turn on a dime in both low and high speed.
15) Cats make great stable dive and snorkel boats with a folding ladder off the bow
16) My 10" inflatable would just barely plane with 2 people with a 6hp engine. This 10" Cat dinghy easily planes with 2 people in it using the same 6 hp engine. http://www.ebay.com/itm/191703337093...CA:MOTORS:1123