Catamaran beams

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by bob the builder, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Leo Lazauskas

Leo Lazauskas Senior Member

So what? So a band of school teachers hypothesise something. It means nothing, except maybe to some drunken Humanities students.

Complete nonsense.

Don't mix your grooves, man. Alcohol OR pills. Not both.

1 person likes this.
  2. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

well bob

there you have it.

A problem so simple no one has given you a reply. No idea what 101 means????

If the problem is so simple, why has no one given you the answer, why haven't you or someone else downloaded the sowfatre you noted above...why is that..what about those that wish to chime in about something totally unrelated and doesn't answer you question too? Why don't those who stay solely within the esoteric science world alone help out??

hmmm..who is that??...as you say, it is such a simple problem, surely one of the posters above must know, since they claim to know so much....surely....it is so simple it is child's as you say....why is that??

Well for a dummy like me, i would like to know why no one answers such a simple question.....since to me without knowing some very basic facts which have not been provided, for various reasons, the simple question cannot be answered properly and professionally. But hey, I'm just a nobody what do i know??

Ask one of those wonderful "lets sit around a camp fire and compare CV's" types...I'm sure they must know..otherwise why would they chime in??

Enjoy your simple calculations... :)

Oh, don't forget to ask what the fixity is, whether it is static or dynamic, what service history is required, what the environment is, whether the truss is "stable" or statically indeterminate, not forgetting the load transfer and shear paths, or how it is fixed, welded or bolted, what about the bearing stress and notwithstanding the deflections and and..opppssss......oh, silly me it is so simple, you and everyone else already know this :)

1 person likes this.
  3. bob the builder

bob the builder novice

LEO!

"So what? So a band of school teachers hypothesise something. It means nothing"

i'm stunned that you can not see the brilliance of their insight. so i'll explain it to you.
    have you never wondered why scientists ********** constantly? i've worked with many IT guys in many companies and seen them dribble (litterally, and i know why. i know why stockbrokers get ANGRY, it's all the same on system (did psychology). it's so much easier to lift mental weights when you got some ON!.

try this simple test yourself. download some IQ test from the net that has two versions (so you can do the test twice) mark the test.

THEN
    drink coffee, smoke a cigarette, and ********** furiously while doing the second IQ test. you will get a HUGE boost in IQ, roughly 15 points, a whole standard deviation.

try it.

Complete nonsense.

why?
    (do you know that the really smart people get paid to be lazy? there are government facilities with trees and grass, no students to lecture, no interuptions, and their job is to LAZILY ponder. NOT publish or perish, but not produce any papers for years? the reason being 99% of all academic papers are worthless, produce no new insights into nature, are published in minor scientific journals, and . . are NEVER quoted or refered to EVER again. (thre worth of any scholarly work is how many citations, how many times other scientisists refer to their work over the years. )

did you know this?
    that the key to POWERFUL thinking is to have the luxury of pondering?

do you know the difference between analog and digital? do you know that digital is as dumb as logic? (incomplete, inconsistent (mathamatical terms for saying 1 + 1 NEVER equals 2, ONLY when utterly removed from reality does 1+1=2, when applied to ANY part of nature this is never true, and so all logic systems DO in actual fact break down instantly. repeat instantly you can find flaws on the first step.

pondering on the other hand is spreading waves of activation of neurons, consciousness is the flow and pulse of waves. definitely analog.
    powerful to ponder.

Complete nonsense!
    why? do you really think that just because somebody has been forced to jump through other peoples hurdles and hoops all their life this makes them smart? (really like to know what you think about this)

according to mensa, the smartest guy in australia was a garbage collector in cairns. isn't it now obvious to you? who's insights are more full of chunky goodness? a trained animal forced to ********** and dribble every day, or a cairns garbage collector.

lemme know if you followed this time.

"who would actually give you a piece of fruit, rather than just ****?"

are Nazi's smart? that was the point.
    (no offense, but you did seem to miss this point of this as well,

perhaps you should quit your job and relax? go analog
    (again, no offense, but you did miss every single point entirely. i can't belive you're australian. how can we be so far removed from understanding each other? )

cheers big ears,
    mal

4. bob the builder

bob the builder novice

Ad Hoc,

let us be clear about this. this post right here, will be the VERY first time i speak truthfully to you. all my replies previously to you were a piss take.

a piss take.
    (i didn't read through most of your other posts, even when replying to you.)

and whats the reason for this?
    you posted thread destroying big-up-yourself ****.
    it appears just to hurt the guy called rick.

i understand about stuff being so complicated you CAN'T explain to people what it's about. i've been in the forrest in several scientific disciplines and know EXACTLY what you're on about. i also know you will never see the forrest until you retire. great mastery of trees though! nobody here can deny you that.

"why no one answers my inertia, deflection, specs question?"
    people answer what they can. have you noticed this?
    guy with box beams answers with box beam.
    guy with section contributes as he can.
    etc

you? what have you contributed?

the same as everybody else, what you were able to contribute.
    and once again, (how many times have i said this to you?)
    thank you.

it is not your fault you can't answer the simplest engineering question ever and check my work! (i just thought from all your drivel you could and might, if i spent the verbiage on you. just because you can't do the simplest engineering beam load calculation (and i can) and you can't check my work, i still say thank you. artists contribute what they can. same as everybody else here has contributed.

(tips for feeling good about yourself;
    realise that FEAR is a performance boosting drug. your IQ WILL impoove dramatically, and you WILL be able to lift heavy mental objects with ease,

however;
    the cost is training; remember, education DOES work. training DOES work. you WILL learn. your brain paths WILL be modified so that in every sentence you speak there will be underlying fear, sexual arousal, and anger.

you WILL regurgiate words that show fear, anger, and ********, and won't be able to see this smell yourself, because you are floating in it in everyday life.

so then, the best single piece of advice i can give you that WILL have the most dramatic effect, is to avoid ALL forms of ON!,

ie coffee, cigaretts, heart rate, adrenalin, and especially fear.

instead try over YEARS, (for rewiring your brain will take YEARS) to get all your !ON! from sex. try masturbating for HOURS every day. over time, your brain will wash away these fear inducing pathways you have (the need to take down others, need for other peoples approval, need to be seen as a guru by others etc).

loose the Ad Hoc name and start agin here being anonymous. try it! you will enjoy the freedom. only use the Ad Hoc name again when you want the big-up-yourself. try and see the difference in fun!.

5. bill broome

bill broome Senior Member

a bridge deck with no holes is the best structural connecting member. it is strongest for the weight, but useless for any other purpose.

they are often used in catamaran design, but we call them 'beam boxes.'

a bridge beam with accomodation space must have doors, windows, and utility ports, and each must be re-enforced for local load to prevent tearing.

if you are welding aluminum tubes, why not build a real box structure, human-high, of triangulated tubes? this is very strong and stiff for the weight, and you can drape a thin ply and/or grp skin on it.

6. bob the builder

bob the builder novice

hi all new guys!

please don't post anything sensible to this thread any longer,
    post all BEAM related stuff to the NEW! improved! cat beam thread.

this thread is only for drivel now.

cheers all,
    mal.

(bill, i've moved your post over there)

7. bob the builder

bob the builder novice

Leo;
    as a personal aside, now you read the above, don't you now agree that this is an interesting question?

yob or ******, who would give you help?

who would actually feed you? don't you think this is a fascinating perspective to view people with? (let me know!)

(and for all international people who might not understand;

what are ya?
    is a very common and much used australian saying.
    can either be a question,

1/ which translated from australian into international english is "are you going to ********** fruitlessly and waste my time, or will you actually contribute in reality?" generally stated as "come on pal, what are ya?"
    (it is NOT mean, or offensive. friends say it to each other. it just indicates, wake up please.)
    or
    2/ or a description of a person removed from normal people. in australia, to call somebody a ******, is to indicate that they are like all the people described above, addicted to !ON!, and drivel, (the over activation of the fight, flight and f_ck ON! circuits have diluted the impact and triggering of normal emotional responses in their brain. this generally means they are unable to understand normal conversation. seen it many times.)

generally used by people who deal with reality (ie bricklayer, fruit picker, normal person) to describe an academic or rich person, who usually doesn't understand. who doesn't have the emotional associations in their mind or memory to comprehend what the other person is saying.

so;
    to yield fruit? or just a load of ****?
    (children are fruit, a woman is real, a **** session)
    to yield real results? or imaginary?)

they generally don't understand. they just can't see.

(the chorus of the TISM song by the way, is "what are ya? you're a ******"
    (leo, no offense, but are you sure? you're australian?)

whar are ya? is a nice way of either calling somebody a ******, or asking them to stop driveling and be fruitful, and actually help.

so;

Ad Hoc, Leo, thanks for dropping by MY PLACE (here), but, what are ya?

8. bob the builder

bob the builder novice

very true dwayne,
    thanks for also contributing,

i honestly blame my drivel, running off so severely at the mouth, on taking up smoking and drinking coffee again after years of abstinence (i've since stopped)

so i really do apologise to all here who might have read any of this drivel.

sorry guys.

9. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

10. Guest62110524

Guest62110524 Previous Member

dont fret I will. But I will also back everything I make build or do
    On the other hand you come across as a person striving to be accepted But digging yourself into a deeper and deeper trench, by you absurd claims
    Sure you can fool 90% of the forum But to those of us who do earn a living in the business, you mean zilch and that is why you are known as Ad Zilch
    The worst crime in my book, is to punt away at folk from an anonymous position
    That is the mark of a coward and the position someone takes when they are afraid of something
    Thats my take and now I will take the advice of my esteemed friends here and ignore all of your posts--- Because yes you are correct, you make me extremely angry

1 person likes this.

11. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

As noted
    http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/boat-building/welders-aluminum-1196-3.html
    Your behaviour and attitude is a fine example to the 90%, you can keep them.

Still not answered any of the questions i asked of you, "..thou who backs up everything"...er.where ahve you backed this up??!.....don't you have a current class cert to shut me up (please do, correct me, but not seen any evidence yet), that is what any professional welder would do, but you haven't. Why is that? You love pictures, so why not post a picture of your current Class cert and what it is valid for. If you can't or wont, that speaks volumes.

You simply fail to grasp that you make endless claims about yourself, so i ahve asked you to prove it since you claim (again) to back up everything...so where are these current Class certs to shut me up, that would shoot me down in flames instantly....but rather than posting your current class cert you decided on the only avenue left to you, you just repeatedly attack me rather than practicing what you preach, nay, insist/demand others to do....why is that???

You tried bashing away at others here too, yet all your claims are well, just that claims, as noted by many below:
    http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/metal-boat-building/not-another-one-25443-5.html

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.