Buccaneer 28 Trimaran plans.

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by oldsailor7, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Marmoset

Marmoset Senior Member

Be nice to see a "massaged" 33 plan!

Barry

2. buzzman

buzzman Senior Member

3. Marmoset

Marmoset Senior Member

Very cool! That's a lot of boat!

Barry

4. 2far2drive

2far2drive Senior Member

Bruce,

unfortunately my personal tri is a Strike 18 from Richard Woods. Boat is finished and awaiting some hardware, new forestay, main recur and trailer mast crutch worked out.

the buc 28 has hit the back burner after we discovered that a good 15ft or so of the lowest part of the main hull needs to be removed and new ply added. Where she sits that would be difficult. Seastallion has moved on and is building a very stretched Dierking sailing canoe in cedar strip.

we will get back to work on the buc one day and hopefully soon

5. 2far2drive

2far2drive Senior Member

I realized that didn't come out right. I love my little tri and I'll be accomplishing a dream of mine to build a small tri for overnight camping and exploring.

I meant its unfortunate that the buc28 didn't make it to the water when I had all the free time in the world to make itbhappen. I had to get back to a real job though and time has been a little scarce since then due to my own personal boat and projects.

6. outside the box

outside the box Previous Member

Just a quick update. Nick has started restoring our plan set with a quick print out today confirming he is on the right track.
    Upon completion they will be as new and available as a guaranteed scalable reliable set to build from with back up support from qualified boat builders and yes we fully acknowledge the below that there is a set already out there able to be printed and built from.
    Info and updates in the usual place. Have a great weekend
    Toby and the Ezifold team.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?v=timeline&id=212821925457790&_rdr

[ QUOTE=2far2drive;706203]Guys, please try and remember that seastallion and I built an ama from those digital plans that we printed ourselves. That ama is identical to the existing ama we had. The originals sestallion has are stored away and are never taken out as their condition on a few parts is a little delicate.

I dont know why people keep asking about them. The plan set is up. Build a boat.

lotta talk on this forum with very little doing, except for a select few including myself. My personal tri should hit the water in a months time barring unforseen issues. I could launch next week but I'm in some heavy (12hrs a day for 9 days, then 3 exams) training right now to advance my career, aka buy more boat crap! :)[/QUOTE]

7. bruceb

bruceb Senior Member

Bottoms

Sorry about the 28- I was hoping it was soon to be launched :(
    I am currently working on my 33's bottom, particularly blister and abrasion repair on the keel area, and nothing about it is easy, fun or fast. Bottoms are important though, or at least so I have read. :mad: I am in a race with winter-I have to get finished epoxying before it gets too cold for the material to cure properly. I probably have two or so more warm weeks, and I think I will be finished just in time.
    B

8. oldsailor7

oldsailor7 Senior Member

B33 Restoration.

Good Onya Bruce.
    You should have no problem with epoxy on the bottom as it bonds well onto Polyester resin, as I am sure you well know.
    Have you been able to source B33 plans?.

9. outside the box

Nick has furthered the 28 plan restoration.
    At https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?v=timeline&id=212821925457790&_rdr
    Buc 33 plans in Europe tracked down by our associate are under negotiation but they are in a lesser state of repair than our 28 set. Owner doesn't want to part with them so seems all work will have to be undertaken there under his watch full eye.
    Also a film crew made contact some tail about wanting Buc40 plans for a documentary, we put them onto the local Tri guru who put them onto Grainger anyone know anything about what the doco could be about? They tried Crowther no luck! Seems strange?
    Anyway enjoy the progress.
    Toby and the Ezifold team

10. oldsailor7

oldsailor7 Senior Member

Quote: " They tried Crowther no luck! Seems strange?" Quote:
    Not strange at all.
    As a result of losing a legal suit all Lock Crowthers plans have been permanently sequestered. Since all his plans are now out of copyright anyone with an original set of plans can copy them and freely use them to build a boat ---or sell them.
    Unless people who have plans come forward and restore them, Locks designs will be lost for ever.
    So far the Buccaneers 24, 28 and Kraken 25, have been recovered.
    Now EVERYONE should make an effort to track down any Crowther plans, in order to save these classic designs. The Kraken 40 in particular.

11. Marmoset

Marmoset Senior Member

12. outside the box

+1 OS7

13. Ooks

Ooks Ian

Buc 40 Plans...?

All - I have seen a Buccaneer 40 for sale from the US (I am in Oz) and with much internet scouring have stumbled on a blog for another in Brazil (beautiful yacht) that seems to include some pretty good sectional and deck plans. It maybe the owner has decent copies of the originals???
    I am pretty new to the forums, so perhaps better for a senior member (OS7??) to contact the owner. (contact details at bottom of page).

http://macushla5.blogspot.com.au/

If you are successful - I would be happy to assist in getting them updated to a full CAD set. I have access to full ACAD suite at work and there is some fantastic new applications to get scanned old plans into full 3D models etc.

Good luck.

14. Marmoset

Marmoset Senior Member

How nice would it be to not only have plans but files for cutting as well for all the buccs! I'm doing a kraken first but have been thinking lately that I should get b24 plans in cad now before the build so when the time comes there's no waiting, and build will just Go that much more quickly. I would also think if one was cleaning up some bad plans throwing it in cad right off would make more sense no? Then it's just easy digital clean up.

Barry

15. Marmoset

Marmoset Senior Member

Oh and that 40 is nice! Crowther new how to design beautiful boats! It's big but doesn't look too big, and lotta interior without having big popped out cabin. Beams look just right. It has to be a buccaneer 40, and yeah he added a swim platform but, it looks widened as well to make the platform bigger. He also changed bow shapes and rear beam fairings. Nice job for sure.

Look at stock one to rio one

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.