Buccaneer 28 Trimaran plans.

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by oldsailor7, Apr 17, 2010.

1. oldsailor7

oldsailor7 Senior Member

Excellent work Buzz.
    At least you have the appreciation of how much time and effort is involved in even getting to the lines and details before any straight basic copy-able copy is obtained. ;)

However it is still IMHO, the quickest, simplest and most effective way to reproduce the plans is to restore the originals to copy-able condition, printing them size as, reworking that print and re-printing again to obtain a Master copy from which all further copies can be printed or a disc made if required.
    The only risk with the disc is the expertise of the print shop personnel making the disc --and making he copies from the disc. Not all print shops can be relied on to take perfect care. I speak from experience.

2. cavalier mk2

cavalier mk2 Senior Member

It's the email in New Zealand Gary. It won't let large things through. I've had it fail on things I've tried to send Cedric.

3. HASYB

HASYB Senior Member

Do I see the slightest of slight light on the end of that long and dark tunnel?
    Its only a, solved in short time, technical issue now, is it?

OK. now I also read the page before last. There is definitely Light.

Thanks Buzzman, you are a hero.

4. warwick

warwick Senior Member

Well done Buzzman, on showing what can be done with time and will power. The most important part is the time required to the work.

5. 2far2drive

2far2drive Senior Member

Oldsailor,

Im trying to find some common ground with you but I cannot. I just see that you have some motive to somehow profit from all of this because you keep pushing the idea that "print shops cannot be trusted. only I, oldsailor, can provide you with accurate detailed plans". I clearly remember one night taking a small print of an biplane wing and scaling it up until we had a 15foot long print out of a full scale wing for a builder... it just ISNT a problem. You give them the PDFs, the machines print whatever is contained in your pdf, to the scale of the PDF PAGES. If you have had issues with that at a local copy shop, then I suggest you speak to their manager and have them all drug tested... a small child could print those accurately provided the pdfs are fine.

You said "that is not how you run a business" so clearly you have monetary motives with all of this. It IS that simple for me, if they were my plans, I would eat the small cost of $100usd and make them available for everyone to enjoy, but they are NOT mine.

You said you stopped working as his North American distributor and that you only had the b-24 plans that you purchased through Lock. So those are the plans you have been recopying and selling all this time?

Perhaps Im failing to see the big picture so feel free to try and paint it better. Because with your posts, Im having trouble understanding your morale compass.

Like I said, perhaps we should let this die because I doubt we will find common ground. I have thoroughly enjoyed your posts in the past and you are a wealth of information about earlier designs, technological advancement of multihulls through the years and just general multihull sailing knowledge. I did not wish to ever "pick a fight" but I, like RedRueban, cannot understand the rush and chomping at the bit. You praise buzzman's work, as do I, yet you fail to mention where those PDFs he has, even came from because of your issue with SeaStallion.

Like I said, I wish we could find common ground here but I doubt it will happen. Hopefully we can keep our disagreement to this thread and be constructive elsewhere here on BD.

6. redreuben

redreuben redreuben

Well there is an upside.
    We have a few extra heads working on the pdf's.

The guy I originally handed them to, who volunteered to restore them has been unwell. But we have progress.

7. oldsailor7

oldsailor7 Senior Member

2F2D said:- " It IS that simple for me, if they were my plans, I would eat the small cost of $100usd and make them available for everyone to enjoy, but they are NOT mine."
    I am sure SS would allow you to use his plans---and then you could do just that. :D

Good Luck.

8. 2far2drive

2far2drive Senior Member

I reviewed the planset in the PDF today at work. I even printed sheet 5 out on our hp plotter and I have some news to report. The plans are fine. Sheet 5, much to my amazement, was the exact sheet we used to build the ama. The full size frame sheet was the sheet we used to build the full size frames.

We never touched the originals during the rebuild, only the printed PDF you all have copies of. Whatever the issues you guys may be having, I don't think I can help you. Our sheet 5 was just as faded in spots yet with a little time I was able to decipher everything. Most of the faded writing ISNT Lock's anyways, it was the original builder. They are his notes and that is pretty obvious if you examine the handwriting differences.

I printed sheet 5 at work and made several checks with an architectural ruler and once converted up 1/8 scale, they were perfect. I even measured the distances of the frames on the strongback, converted and checked against what he wrote and it was EXACT.

When you print the files, you let them print 100% original. Do NOT adjust size at all. They were scanned 100% of the original sheet sizes like I said, so there is NO WAY the scale is off and I proved it today. Not to mention a perfect 100% complete ama sitting in the back of SeaStallion's yard awaiting mounting, built from the exact same print out of that PDF.

So IMO, the pdf is perfect. Build away. All that is missing are the build instructions and the materials list and I don't think SeaStallion would have an issue pdf-ing those for everyone as they are 8.5x11 standard sheets.

9. oldsailor7

oldsailor7 Senior Member

2F2D.
    I am sure that is good news for everyone.
    Well done. :D

If anyone wants the building instructions and materials list I can post them here ----as I did with the B24.

10. paulrs

paulrs Junior Member

Hi All. I've just come in the end of this. I'm very interested in building plans for either a B24 or B28...are either available ? If so...is there a cost ? many thanks.

11. buzzman

buzzman Senior Member

Paulrs
    Oldsailor7 may still have set of plans for the B24. PM him from this forum.

As you do not have your Contact information updated on the User Control Panel (User CP) no-one can send you a Private Message or Email until you upgrade those settings.

So no-one who has a copy of the PDFs of the B28 can contact you to arrange to email you a copy.

12. paulrs

paulrs Junior Member

Hi...thank you and sorry...absolutely remiss of me..

13. paulrs

paulrs Junior Member

Hi Oldsailor. I understand you have b24 plans available....I am most interested to see more about this boat and I'm very interested to acquire the plans for this or the B28.

14. oldsailor7

oldsailor7 Senior Member

Paul.
    Please contact me by Private Message.

15. farjoe

farjoe Senior Member

hi,

I too would love to have a copy if the pdf version of the B28. Would anyone be so kind?

Regards

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.