Buccaneer 28 Trimaran plans.

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by oldsailor7, Apr 17, 2010.

1. 2far2drive

2far2drive Senior Member

beveling the keel and chine.... wow this is a chore with a hand planer! im just glad the redwood planes like buttttttttter.

Photo-0556.jpg

Photo-0557.jpg

1 person likes this.
  2. 2far2drive

2far2drive Senior Member

Well I broke my phone so no pictures for awhile :(

I have beveled the chine and keel all the way to frame 6 or 7, so its getting close. Im still analyzing just exactly how to land the chines into the transom but I have a very good idea now. Sometimes you just have to wait for it to hit you :p

Oldsailor, was Lock out of his mind when he says in the building instructions to wait to insert frames 4A & 8A until after gunnel,chine and stringers were installed???? Im angry I didnt have enough foresight to see this was going to be a HUGE problem. Im trying to get these frames in and its a nightmare of cutting the slots angled to twist it and praying i dont bust the chines off the other frames. I should have installed this BEFORE the chines etc.

When these plans become available, I would HIGHLY advise to determine your own method here. Unless Im really missing something :confused:

3. oldsailor7

oldsailor7 Senior Member

2F2D.
    If you go back to page 10 and look at the two pics of a float under construction, you can see that those sub frames were installed before the sides were put on.
    Unlike the B24, the gunnels, chines and keel were installed on the frames before adding the side and bottom panels. It's inconceivable that the sub frames could be installed AFTER the longerons were all in place. :confused:
    I am sure we didn't have that problem. I'll find my copy of the building instructions and check it out.

4. buzzman

buzzman Senior Member

5. cavalier mk2

cavalier mk2 Senior Member

Looks like the swim steps added a couple feet which would take out your 2 cents worth making it a $1.28.....

6. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

B28+2.jpg
    - click pic to enlarge

It looks like they also added ½ a foot to the cabin height, but always worth to ask if they have the plans of the boat . . . . . :idea:

Cheers,
    Angel

7. Angélique

If we don't look at a 'few' feet . . . . ;)

Here's a B40 and a B34 both from 1996 and with modified beams and length, from a 36 and a 33 I think...

BTW, last one is located in the Republic of Cascadia, so check it out Cav . . . :D

Cheers,
    Angel

8. cavalier mk2

Am I looking at it for you Angel? I might have to charge a commission to protect myself from exploitation....This Nicol owner sent me a PM to warn of the dangers of partnership with girls from the internet. He says he took it in the shorts so bad he may never stand up straight again. Here he is getting ready to deliver up the former partners share. :rolleyes: For myself the Vagabond sails well and is paid for .:D Where's your boat? I'm getting ready to go sailing on mine.

Attached Files:

9. cavalier mk2

Good idea about checking for plans Angel...

Cheers, Cav

10. Angélique

Yeah, the woman told me, he paddled home in that canoe on deck and she built a new one, so problems solved . . . :p

[​IMG]

Cheers ;)
    Angel

11. cavalier mk2

Ha! I should have warned him....Here in the PNW they drug and hypnotize their obstacles and let the agencies handle the rest....some say these victims remain suggestible.....now you wanted me to look at that Bucc? Whatever Angel wants Angel gets.....

Yeah, the woman told me, he paddled home in that canoe on deck and she built a new one, so problems solved"
    It is good to see women who can handle tools, it gets lonely in the boatyard...;)

Cheers, Cav

12. 2far2drive

2far2drive Senior Member

finally, the first sheet goes on. we gotta work fast fast fast on these panels, the 102F heat today here made the epoxy kick quiiiiick. nothing like burning your fingers while smoothing out the fillets on the inside. :)

here are a few shots

Photo-0576.jpg

Photo-0580.jpg

13. 2far2drive

2far2drive Senior Member

Here are some more... had to set up an awning because it was 110F today with the heat index and the sun is just sapping all my energy.

Photo-0594.jpg

Photo-0596.jpg

Photo-0595.jpg

14. oldsailor7

oldsailor7 Senior Member

At least with those temps you don't have any problems with the Epoxy not going off. :D
    I notice with the clamps you are relying on the epoxy glue only to bond the ply to the longerons.
    We used phosphor bronze staples with epoxy coated legs to attach the chine strakes, and left the staples in. The join was then rounded off, sanded smooth, covered with F/glass tape set in Bote-Cote epoxy. Belt & Braces stuff. :cool:

15. farjoe

farjoe Senior Member

@2far2drive

Maybe it has been asked before but how thick is that plywood?

regards

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.