Buccaneer 24 Builders Forum

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by oldsailor7, Jul 22, 2009.

1. outside the box

outside the box Previous Member

Different people request info from the different threads. Not all follow both threads.

2. outside the box

More float development & calculations in the usual place for those interested.

3. outside the box

Freshen up float plan draft 90% done.
    Our test mule foiling floats draft underway.
    In the usual place for anyone interested

4. redreuben

redreuben redreuben

Interested ?
    I'm on the edge of my seat man !
    Check this thread twice a day !

5. outside the box

Reuben
    we are having a blast with this project with all working on it as quick as we can. The new cockpit and cabin drafts are started and will keep the trend simpathetic to the design while becoming ultra sleek. Not enough hours in a day presently. New sail plan also started with the 10.7m rig.

6. Mclennon1001

Mclennon1001 Junior Member

Are there some popular donor boats people use for rigs on the b24?
    My idea is that I can buy an entire boat with rigging for less than the rigging alone.

7. oldsailor7

oldsailor7 Senior Member

OTB, I am really pleased with the progress you are making in updating the design of the B24.
    I am discontinuing provision of the B24 plans, so I hope your new model will take up the slack.
    I'm particularly impressed by the subtle reflex on the bottom behind the bow.
    A real Irons fingerprint. :D

8. outside the box

OS7 thanks for that.
    We purchased the business interests from OTB.
    For anyone requiring standard 24' plans we have the original unmolested set that OTB got with our Buc so we can make them available as OS7 suggests.
    For anyone wanting the updates they will also be available.
    People know where to get in contact.
    The drafts are not hard and fast lines plans OS7 more putting numbers and calcs into the visual for perusal, hopefully all are clear about that.
    Nothing is hardened. up until Geoff has been let at the plans in Rhino.

9. redreuben

redreuben redreuben

OTB
    What is the plan when the upgrades are finalised ?
    PDF files ? Do you have an estimated cost ?

10. oldsailor7

oldsailor7 Senior Member

I have just posted the 51st and LAST set of Crowther B24 plans. I have done my best in securing the survival of this wonderful design.
    Now the Baton is passed, ---- as above.
    However, as I promised backup help and advice to all B24 builders who received plans from me, that will still available by PM or on this Thread.
    OS7 :D

11. redreuben

redreuben redreuben

OS7
    You've more than done your bit for the B24 but I dare say you have shown other builders that a good boat can be had without a $150k carbon epoxy infusion.

12. oldsailor7

oldsailor7 Senior Member

Thanks R R.
    Yes, after building Cats and Tris in Diagonal moulded, Foam/Glass moulded, and Strip Planked methods, I am convinced that sheet plywood on longerons using the WEST system is the lightest, strongest, most long lived and lowest cost method. It also is the simplest and you don't have to be a woodworking expert to produce a good job. BRUCEbs B24 was built by a guy I knew, who had no special skills, using ordinary wood working tools. Bruce is still successfully racing it today, a testament to it's design and longevity.

13. redreuben

redreuben redreuben

Also,

Can anyone make suggestions from an Australian perspective ?

14. outside the box

Thanks OS7 have to agree with Reuben when we purchased the business the Buc was not something we were very aware of. Read every post on here watched every video available and decided it was worthy of continuing with as OTB had intended before bad health forced his hand to sell up. Thanks must go to you for preserving the build of a great boat by a great designer.
    Reuben, electronic for those requiring for the new as there will be a detailed photo journal of the building when Matt and Logan get started on it. For the continuation of supply of the original design plans will be paper for now as OS7 has done a Stella job providing. As Geoff works through the work we will get the original plans we have digitized for electronic distribution.
    Pricing for paper and backup same as OS7. Electronic (when able) to get originals available with backup will be less print cost.
    Updates pricing will be worked out at a later date but won't be out of reach as is amortized by being our project for development primarily others may share in for a realistic nominal cost. Fair to all we think?

15. outside the box

Foiling float stem and stationing under way. Freshen up non foiling float plans have been handed over to Geoff for optimization in 3d/cad.
    We also had 5 sets of plans run off for anyone wanting them as per discussion above with OS7 discontinuing supplying plans. Our plans are supplied with full backup by our qualified boat buildeirs and if required photo's of your area of question from our build, ensures continuity of supply.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.