Anyone know who designed this cat?

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by welder/fitter, Jul 11, 2011.

1. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

Interesting, what period of time did you build her in Loyang? I worked overthere in the mid 90's.

Do you have some more photos?

What materials did you use?

I think you have a nice combination of lines between your hump in the outer hulls and the center pod. Nice looking design.

2. Glenn Laurents

Glenn Laurents New Member

Spice It Up's design

We finshed the boat in 2004, 9.5 months from renting the space in Loyang to her launch at Kepple Marina where the hulls, beams and Catbin (cabin) were assembled. She is mostly red meranti; BS1088 plywood, scarfed full length stringers over meranti web frames. More like airplane construction. There are 300 lbs of West System Epoxy, the hulls and foredeck are glassed.
    The main beams are 8" diameter, 0.35 inch wall 5086 H32 alloy rolled (bent) to a 37 foot radius and set in between mainstrength bulkheads in each hull. No flex, very strong! A simple boat designed to be built in minimum time with minimum material.

Attached Files:

3. cavalier mk2

cavalier mk2 Senior Member

Not at all like a Wharram.:rolleyes:

4. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

This forum never ceases to amaze me (in a good way). You ask the most obscure question and get a reply with all the details. Thank you Jeff for hosting what is a fantastic resource.

5. Glenn Laurents

Glenn Laurents New Member

As a rule I do not follow forums of any kind. On Googling my name I found this forum because it was linked to my name so I had a look see. Of intrest to me 'cause Spice It Up has been put up for sale. My curiosity took me to the cruiserforum to have a look at the referenced thread. Amazing, loose answers to loose questions, can't see what help that is to anyone! I have an alergy to experts, especially those so ready to jump in with blabber about subjects they have very little real knowledge about. It missleads neophytes, confuses the critical issueas and does not serve any sound purpose. Reading and research are a much better and certainly safer way to garner useful information. Good bye and thanks.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.