Ama to beam connection on trimaran - design help

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Jetboy, Nov 12, 2012.

1. warwick

warwick Senior Member

Hi jetboy

Will you be still using the folding arrangement at the main hull. The folding arrangement is similar to the Ian farrier but inside the cross beam.

Is the float mainly in a upward and twisting action? that may influence the float connection.

2. Jetboy

Jetboy Senior Member

Yes. Everything else will remain similar to the original design. Main hull will be built roughly to original specs and beams and folding system will be the same as the original design unless I happen to find a great deal on the right sheet of aluminum plate before I start building the beams. If so, the beams will be aluminum, but same geometry and I'll probably keep the folding mechanism on the inside of the beam. I'd prefer Aluminum for a number of reasons, but at this point the price of Aluminum is much higher than building in glass and epoxy.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.