Advice needed

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by surfingyetty, Apr 6, 2009.

1. surfingyetty

surfingyetty Junior Member

Hi guys,
    Last year I managed to aquire a condor catamaran in need of repaire, since then I have been be rebuilding it and its nearly ready to go!
    But now because of work on our drive my parents want the boat out, I have no road trailer and have run out of funds after lossing my job so I can't afford the staorge or trailer. Any Ideas? Thanks Jacob.

2. ThomD

ThomD Senior Member

Move it to the lawn. Or say you don't mind selling it, but start asking whether building some amas in the living room is a possibility. Been there and done that.

If you are short of resources I would analyse that from two perspectives:

1) How realistic is the boat ownership, if you didn't have the current problems would you be super able to get lots of use out of it. As a lot of owners find out, boats rarely pan out. I was reading a puff piece on the new CLC Pocketship, and it started out with a discription of the woes of boat ownership so true and dark I nearly went out and shot myself. If this boat is the missing link in your life move on to 2)

2) Find a partner. Find someone who will split it with you, or who will take it off your hands and let you time share it.

Don't be too down, in the world of Craigslist, new free stuff is all over the place. This won't be your last chance, and being light on your feet in these times is a major advantage.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.