Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors
Old 05-04-2010, 06:44 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 2
I'll take some pics this weekend, and put more info about it
Old 09-05-2010, 11:22 AM

Rep: 10 Posts: 3
buckler for sale

hi do you still have your buckler for sale. thanks lee
Old 09-21-2010, 09:47 AM

Rep: 10 Posts: 27
The owner of Tigga (Buckler moored on Langley Dyke, off the river Yare: see earlier in the thread) has not really managed to get anything done on her. He's a great chap, but aside from not getting any younger (true of all of us), he really lives too far away... and assorted things have cropped up to complicate his life at just the wrong time, with means the complications of the boat safety certificate have just been proving too much.

Anyway, she needs a new home ASAP, before she's towed away as scrap! Anyone interested (or able to help) should let me know ASAP.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:59 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 2
Buckler 234

our buckler 23.
Attached Thumbnails
Buckler 23' / 24': information sought-new-055.jpg  Buckler 23' / 24': information sought-new-057.jpg  
Old 02-22-2011, 12:12 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 11
DOUBLOON is up for sale, if anyones interested, drop me an email at owene6@hotmail.com

all snesible offers considered. engine is working, two main sails in good condition, two roller reefs but with rips in. refurbished prop, and steering system.

great frun!
Old 03-11-2012, 12:24 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 1
Tentative enquiry

Looking for a Buckler Bowie for not much money as a project. Anything about these days?
Old 11-23-2013, 01:28 PM
Close to the Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael View Post
The owner of Tigga (Buckler moored on Langley Dyke, off the river Yare: see earlier in the thread) has not really managed to get anything done on her. He's a great chap, but aside from not getting any younger (true of all of us), he really lives too far away... and assorted things have cropped up to complicate his life at just the wrong time, with means the complications of the boat safety certificate have just been proving too much.

Anyway, she needs a new home ASAP, before she's towed away as scrap! Anyone interested (or able to help) should let me know ASAP.
I notice the thread is over 3 years old and likely it's long gone - hopefully someone's fixed/fixing it up - but I'll ask anyway.

What is the latest news in Tigga?
Old 01-19-2014, 05:25 AM

Rep: 10 Posts: 1
Hi Tigga has had some works carried out and a name change to Santa Marcia
Still plenty to do to finish off but that's the joy of boats
Old 01-19-2014, 06:27 AM
Close to the Edge

Thanks for the reply

Good to hear it's not been scrapped! Don't see many of these around.

Hope to see it sailing by some time.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:53 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 15
Hi I'm now the proud owner of Tigga. I'm picking her up tomorrow after seeing what she looks like and to be totally honest a lot of jobs to do on her most small. This is the first time that I have had a sailing boat this size. Engine seams to not want to start. She turns over but that's about all. As a lot don't no is the inside of the back bedroom needs outing back how she was (Hope won't take to long as seams straight forward). The front cabin needs total refit and back to normal. The coppit just a clean to be honest thi s is what I thought it would look like a passion in the hart for boating and the new things that are thrown in your way to try you. Well this is trying me as all the money that is going into her at the moment is our wedding fund oops. I have hope and if the is any nice help out there its much appreciated as I really am hoping that ipshe will make me a bit of profit once she is done. Thanks info please
Old 04-09-2015, 02:22 PM

Well she is looking bad bless her. We're got to rip out and gut her all electric needs rewiring, engine a over haul as heads gone and water in it. The sails are well on there last legs. Painting needed but won't change paint job just a another coat. I will be down at brundall tomorrow for a few more we're she is moored down the five from where we got it. I think that a good couple of weeks on her should see her right. I will let you no in a few days on how we are doing on her.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:47 AM

Rep: 271 Posts: 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael View Post
The Buckler appears to have been designed for use at sea. They are pretty substantial boats and the deep, covered centre cockpit / wheelhouse strikes me as thought up with big swells in mind - you are a LOT more enclosed and protected than on a more conventional yacht.

The draft appears to be somewhere between 1.06m and 1.1m (around 42"). They are 2.5m (over 8') wide, and the two for which I have details weigh 1,600 kg /1800Kg (3,500-4,000 lbs). The same two Bucklers have 9hp / 10hp inboard diesels an with four sails it seems that 24-27 square meters of sail could be hoisted.

I get the impression the thing would be pretty uninspiring and tub-like in light winds on sheltered waters... but would probably come to life when crashing through the waves with strong winds and tides to ride.
I've heard the galleons of old had those big high structures on the stern so that during a storm when everything else went wrong the high stern would at least keep her pointed into the wind and waves.

I think the big windows need some of this sort of treatment so they don't look like plexiglass so much. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ShipWindow.jpg
Old 04-15-2015, 02:15 PM

Tigga is doing good engine top gaskets new and piston and rings. Doing the interior in the back cabin white and cream as the old was old and dark. The amount of work i have done on him has been worth it and can't wait to get him on the open sea. The windows are going to be replaced but not shore what with perspex or tuffend glass. The rope needs replacing and sails not bad condition no rips so that handy. He is still in brundall at a private mooring at the moment so I can get her ready for sale in a months time. If interested put a message on her for me. Thanks
Old 04-21-2015, 01:17 PM

Tigga is getting done up as we speak

Old 05-08-2015, 10:48 AM
aka Angel (only by name)

Rep: 1460 Posts: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotmike86 View Post
Hi Mike,

I've seen your boat in the Dutch boating magazine Waterkampioen #5 - 2015 (page 110 & 111), the new owner Kees has fixed her up nicely . .

P.S. - Alas there's no online info about the article . .
The boat has her slip in Gorinchem now.