Buckler 23' / 24': information sought

Discussion in 'Motorsailers' started by Rachael, Aug 2, 2008.

1. cheeky450

cheeky450 New Member

I'll take some pics this weekend, and put more info about it

2. bucklerbuddi

bucklerbuddi New Member

buckler for sale

hi do you still have your buckler for sale. thanks lee:)

3. Rachael

Rachael Junior Member

The owner of Tigga (Buckler moored on Langley Dyke, off the river Yare: see earlier in the thread) has not really managed to get anything done on her. He's a great chap, but aside from not getting any younger (true of all of us), he really lives too far away... and assorted things have cropped up to complicate his life at just the wrong time, with means the complications of the boat safety certificate have just been proving too much.

Anyway, she needs a new home ASAP, before she's towed away as scrap! Anyone interested (or able to help) should let me know ASAP.

4. pilotmike86

pilotmike86 New Member

Buckler 234

our buckler 23.

Attached Files:

5. owene6

owene6 Junior Member

DOUBLOON is up for sale, if anyones interested, drop me an email at owene6@hotmail.com

all snesible offers considered. engine is working, two main sails in good condition, two roller reefs but with rips in. refurbished prop, and steering system.

great frun!

6. paxmanmerv

paxmanmerv New Member

Tentative enquiry

Looking for a Buckler Bowie for not much money as a project. Anything about these days?

7. Greemble

Greemble Close to the Edge

I notice the thread is over 3 years old and likely it's long gone - hopefully someone's fixed/fixing it up - but I'll ask anyway.

What is the latest news in Tigga?

8. Benwiddows

Benwiddows New Member

Hi Tigga has had some works carried out and a name change to Santa Marcia
    Still plenty to do to finish off but that's the joy of boats

9. Greemble

Greemble Close to the Edge

Thanks for the reply

Good to hear it's not been scrapped! Don't see many of these around.

Hope to see it sailing by some time.
    :)

10. c4bes

c4bes Junior Member

Hi I'm now the proud owner of Tigga. I'm picking her up tomorrow after seeing what she looks like and to be totally honest a lot of jobs to do on her most small. This is the first time that I have had a sailing boat this size. Engine seams to not want to start. She turns over but that's about all. As a lot don't no is the inside of the back bedroom needs outing back how she was (Hope won't take to long as seams straight forward). The front cabin needs total refit and back to normal. The coppit just a clean to be honest thi s is what I thought it would look like a passion in the hart for boating and the new things that are thrown in your way to try you. Well this is trying me as all the money that is going into her at the moment is our wedding fund oops. I have hope and if the is any nice help out there its much appreciated as I really am hoping that ipshe will make me a bit of profit once she is done. Thanks info please :)

11. c4bes

c4bes Junior Member

Well she is looking bad :( bless her. We're got to rip out and gut her all electric needs rewiring, engine a over haul as heads gone and water in it. The sails are well on there last legs. Painting needed but won't change paint job just a another coat. I will be down at brundall tomorrow for a few more we're she is moored down the five from where we got it. I think that a good couple of weeks on her should see her right. I will let you no in a few days on how we are doing on her. :)

12. Squidly-Diddly

Squidly-Diddly Senior Member

I've heard the galleons of old had those big high structures on the stern so that during a storm when everything else went wrong the high stern would at least keep her pointed into the wind and waves.

I think the big windows need some of this sort of treatment so they don't look like plexiglass so much. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/34/OldShipWindow.jpg

13. c4bes

c4bes Junior Member

Tigga is doing good engine top gaskets new and piston and rings. Doing the interior in the back cabin white and cream as the old was old and dark. The amount of work i have done on him has been worth it and can't wait to get him on the open sea. The windows are going to be replaced but not shore what with perspex or tuffend glass. The rope needs replacing and sails not bad condition no rips so that handy. He is still in brundall at a private mooring at the moment so I can get her ready for sale in a months time. If interested put a message on her for me. Thanks

14. c4bes

c4bes Junior Member

Tigga is getting done up as we speak :)

15. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

Hi Mike,

I've seen your boat in the Dutch boating magazine Waterkampioen #5 - 2015 (page 110 & 111), the new owner Kees has fixed her up nicely . . :)

P.S. - Alas there's no online info about the article . . :(
    The boat has her slip in Gorinchem now.​

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.