Buckler 23' / 24': information sought

sounds good to me.

it's so different i like it. strange but true...

:)
 
The real unknown is the interior: I'll post photos once I've got some!
Well... the interior is a mess! At the very least it needs cleaning up, rubbing down, painting and some tlc... but if I were taking it on Id be tempted to strip it back to the GRP shell and start again.

2765612980_7f6d37cb23.jpg

2764767107_d3bc14bcda.jpg

2764766177_7e7c1a4a63.jpg

2764766049_9c0fcdb427.jpg

2764766319_b7ba2aa0f6.jpg

2764766595_26a1893e70.jpg

2765612670_17abd7e274.jpg

2765612796_825931cb2a.jpg


ps. I'm guessing that this is a Mark I and that the Buckler in the other photos is a Mark II: this one certainly has a far less appealing accomodation arrangement in the real cabin.
 
It needs a lot.. LOT of TLC, but I see a lot of potential as
well!

Our Catalina 25 looked almost that bad, it had been out
of service for 10 years and we had to cut the locks off, they
had no idea where they might be? Had to have new tires
on the trailer just to get it home! The wife was not a happy
camper when she saw it the first time! I bought it while she
was out of town!
 
I've decided that this beast would not actually be right for us even if completely refitted, not least because we'lll want to operate the boat from a trailer.

I've a friend who might take it on... but if not, it will be up for grabs!

When I consider the best interests of my partner (novice), daughter (not yet 4) and dog (collie, yet to be trained as competent crew) I am inclining towards something more like your Catalina 25... though for myself I'd perhaps forget the cruising comforts and go for something more fun for day-sailng, like a Soling, a Sonar or even a diddy thing like a Stratos.

Sadly, no one boat is going to be the answer for us.. :(
 
Dont give up I found my boats found me;)
 
don't give up!

i dig the cozy factor of that cabin.

consider a little diesel heater for the inclement weather of the UK, it would certainly be on my list for your buckler.

she will be like a lounge on water.

:cool:
 
LOL Yup Mr C you rule you cinical old sod:D :D :D :D :D
 
Hi,

we have a buckler, are living in DK. and operate the boat from a trailer, just bought it for 2 month ago for 250£.
 

Attachments

  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 7,211
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 3,484
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 5,967
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 6,723
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 3,381
  • 02082008103.jpg
    02082008103.jpg
    887.2 KB · Views: 2,827
Nice:)
 
I´ve bought one of them some days before last christmas. There is a lot of refit to do. They built that boats, I think, only for five years, beginning 1975. The fixtion of the masts is terrible. But the GFK is strong. It will be a long job to get new life into my boat. It´s so cracy, that it`s good. A special, different, slow, unconfortable, small "ship", that has always fascinated me. I hope, one day, mine will look as good as the blue and the red one. These days it´s still near to the "Tigga"...
 
Well... Tigga is afloat! She seems to purr along quite reasonably under motor... though a full sailing test has yet to be attempted.

Photos and a report to follow... perhaps including (if it's attempted and survived) a coastal passage from Lowestoft to Harwich!

I'd be happier NOT supporting such a venture prior to a complete refit and extensive testing... but she needs removing from the broads before the costs of keeping her there bankrupt the friendly soul who has taken her on.

Anyone able to loan flares, a GPS and/or a liferaft, for a weekend please shout!

Edit: Following unexpected developments, Tigga is now safely moored on the Broads and will remain there for the remainder of the winter - which at least offers a bit of breathing space for finding a new home and testing her out a little :)
 
Last edited:
Be carefull that the motor doesn´t pump up the boat with the coolingwater. In my Buckler the exhaust pipe was broken, so that the gas and the coolingwater came out...
Check the bilge pump, too! I´m looking forward to see some photos from your adventure.Good luck!
 
wow! Any idea where the one in really bad shaped was stored? Was it norfolk? Also, did you buy the red one in the end? Why did the one in bad shape not have any heads?!
 
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making any potentially dangerous or financial decision, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.

  • Back
    Top