Suggestions, ideas and hello

Discussion in 'Metal Boat Building' started by duckdog, Nov 28, 2007.

1. duckdog

duckdog Working on next years boa

Hi all I am new here and have a few questions, first I will start with my project info, I purchased a 15.5 princecraft, a very old one with trailer that I am restoring, I have aquired a 20hp tiller and the boat is a runabout, so I have stripped everything down and its almost time to start rebuilding it now, I have riveted a patch on over a crack with 5200 and since I had the 5200 I sealed all rivets below the water line as well, I would like to install a casting deck on the fron but there is no front seat to just lay rails accross and ply the top also the rear bench seat I was thinking of putting two vertical pieces of ply to narrow it down and line it with resin and cloth for a live well any suggestions? I will be using this as a fishing boat and I am open to suggestions of setup, layout and anything positive in general. I have attached pictures from start to finish as of now, I am a stay at home dad so money is tight but I am somewhat handy but all suggestions are welcomed, not sure if pictures are in the right order lol Thank you

Nelson

Attached Files:

2. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Hi, Nelson,

Welcome to the forum! Looks like you're off to a good start. There will be others along with expertise in repairing aluminum boats; I'll leave specific answers and suggestions to them. You might try the "search" button above (2nd link from the right on the dark border) look for aluminum and you should find some helpful information.

3. duckdog

duckdog Working on next years boa

Anyone?

4. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

An aircraft grade riveting gun is about $75 and the few extra tools are also inexpensive.

I would create the well with alumimum and simplt rivet it in.

You may find that simply resetting the existing hull rivets will stop any leaks , with out goop.

Look up the FEATHERCRAFT site , there aluminum boaters.

FF

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.