Seattle Area Welder Needed

Discussion in 'Metal Boat Building' started by Curtis S, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Curtis S

Curtis S New Member

Hello All. I am new to the forum and am looking for contact information for someone to assist with replacement of some hull and deck plating on our steel Colvin Gazelle. We have a full audio-guage report but would like someone experienced with metal boats to perform the work to assure that the details are correctly handled. I know that there are some important things to consider - that replacement panels are made large enough to be properly supported and that the corners are radiused, etc. but I am not comfortable specifying the scope for the work, as this is my first steel boat.

We will also need some advice on repairing the shaft log area and in fitting new steering hardware, so someone with a broad range of experience would be a real help.

The contacts I have explored to date have turned out to be either industrial welders with no nautical knowledge or boatyards that are busy and unresponsive. The boat is currently on the hard at a yard in south Seattle and I would prefer to not move it if someone can do the work where it sits.

Does anyone have knowledge of an individual or vendor that can assist with these repairs? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Kay9

Kay9 1600T Master

I Sent you an e-mail.

K9

3. Curtis S

Curtis S New Member

4. Kay9

Kay9 1600T Master

Ok I sent it again.

K9

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.