Lone Star Boat

Discussion in 'Metal Boat Building' started by Outboard Dave, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Outboard Dave

Outboard Dave Junior Member

Is there anyone who could help me identify this model of Lone Star boat? The previous owner said it was a 1958.

Attached Files:

2. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

3. Ike

Ike Senior Member

Damn, Hoytedow, you beat me to it!

4. Outboard Dave

After going to the end of the internet and back I found an old brochure. 1958 Lone Star Nassau.

Thanks Y'all.

This will be my second "Alumi" in the corral.....here's some pics of my 57 Ranger II.

Attached Files:

5. hoytedow

She gleams like new! Enjoy.

6. Yamikaze

Yamikaze Junior Member

Your boat is a Nassau, but it is not a 1958 it is a 57. http://www.fiberglassics.com/wiki/images/9/95/Lonestarb57012.jpg
    I have a 58 Nassau. It has the fins and a bench seat behind the rear seat for fishing or so they say.
    Here's a link to my Iboats thread. http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=510696

The first picture is a Photoshop paint scheme. The second and third shot shows the supports for the front, back, and fishing seat/platform. The next is a copy of the brochure from 1958. It is very hard to see, but you can make out the fishing platform in the little sketch. I wish I could find a high resolution scan of the 1958 brochure. The last three pictures are of a minted out 58 Nassau I found on the yahoo.com lone star boat club page. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lonestarboat/

I hope this information helps. Really nice Feather Craft BTW. Good luck on your rebuild.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Outboard Dave

Thanks for setting me straight on the year model Yamikaze, thats pretty cool it ended up being a 1957 model, now I have two. It is frustrating having to wait getting started on it.

Is there a place on this site for posting restoration pictures? or is this it?

8. Yamikaze

Yamikaze Junior Member

As far as I can tell your thread is the place to post pictures and links. I don't like this forums format where you have to post your pictures somewhere else first then enter in a url for the picture.
    Good luck on your project, and come see us on Iboats some time.

9. hoytedow

This forum is superior to others because you can post photos right here. You can also have a photo array in your gallery.

This is the right thread to show your re-build.

10. Yamikaze

Yamikaze Junior Member

I' m sorry I was not trying to put one board ahead of another. All I was saying is you have to have your pictures posted to a site like photo bucket so you have a url link to the picture. If there is another way to post a picture please correct me.

11. Yamikaze

Yamikaze Junior Member

I stand corrected I now see that there is a way to insert files like pictures other then posting them to another site and bringing in the link. I would not say that it is superior since most forums have some way to post pictures and other things within a thread.

Attached Files:

12. hoytedow

And welcome to the forum, Yamikaze.

13. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the forum, and thank you very much for sharing the information Yamikaze.

14. Outboard Dave

Wow, what am I? A chunk of wood? yeah, welcome Yamikaze....OBD, you sit over in the corner and behave yourself.....

15. Yamikaze

Yamikaze Junior Member

Thanks for the welcome gentleman, glad to be aboard. Hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday. Lets do our best to keep those life preservers dry!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.