How much for sandblasting?

Discussion in 'Metal Boat Building' started by filiperosa, May 27, 2007.

1. filiperosa

filiperosa Junior Member

Hello.
    How much should I expect to pay for a company sand blast one 40" single keel bellow water line?
    The hull is already strip down, it is only to remove the rust before paint.
    I would like to have an idea before contact sandblasting companies.
    Thank you.

2. M&M Ovenden

M&M Ovenden Senior Member

Filiperosa,
    you are not getting an answer because there isn't a clear one. The cost of sandblasting is directly related to the size of equipment the sandblasting company uses, the initial state of your surface and the quality of blasting you want. To minimize the cost make sure you hire the contractor with the best equipment. Best here, mostly means the biggest compressor. Bigger compressor will lead more air, less sand and less time therefore less money and better job. The right setup can half the cost and not all sandblasters are setup right.

Murielle

3. filiperosa

filiperosa Junior Member

Hello.
    Thank you very much for your reply.
    I had done some research about it and you are extremelly correct. Prices vary so much.
    Thank you.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.