Houseboat Pontoon Design

Discussion in 'Metal Boat Building' started by Jaguar, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Jaguar

Jaguar Junior Member

Hi there water-rats,
    Dose any houseboat enthusiast outthere have detailed plans for houseboat pontoon construction for loading capacity of 35-40 metric tons for river cruising. 1200 sections are usually hexagon or octagon design formed out of two sheets of 1200x2400 mm sheet ( 3mm) galv steel. Sections must be water tight. The 2 pontoons are each 20 metres long. Half the pontoon will displace 33 metric tons of fresh water.
    Regards

2. EmilSB

EmilSB Junior Member

Hi,
    I don't have that detailed plans, but I can do it for you. I have some experience in houseboat design. Here are two pictures with my design. If you are interested for collaboration contact me.
    Emil.

Attached Files:

3. Jaguar

Jaguar Junior Member

Steel Pontoon Design

Do you have design details for large commercial steel pontoons 20 meters length with approx 35 metric tonne displacement for 2.
    Regards,
    Frank

4. EmilSB

EmilSB Junior Member

Steel Pontoon Design

Hi,
    Like I said I don't have detailed plans for your request, but I have some experience in pontoon design or houseboat design and I can make detailed plans for you. Here is a pontoon, but not with your specification.
    Regards,
    Emil

Attached Files:

5. medman9it

medman9it New Member

Hi There, Europe here.

I am thinking of building a house boat to retire on... 14'x 48' (4x 14.4m circa)
    If you give e-mail address I will send you rough design for you to checkout.

Thanks Manuel (medman9it@yahoo.com)

6. Jaguar

Jaguar Junior Member

Hi Manuel,
    Thankyou for the response. Europe is a long way from OZ, the email must have taken quite a long time (just kidding). Importantly, I am very interested in assessing your Pontoon designs for my application. If you have not built your pontoons yet please let me know because I can forward interim drawings to done on MSDRAW for you to review and/or use accordingly. Please advise. I will forward you an email asap.
    Regards,
    Frank
    Melbourne Australia.

7. manuel

manuel Guest

Mr

Hi! Frank,

Thanks for the prompt reply....
    So Hoz Oz these days... I am Maltese orrigionally so St Albans is full of us I hear....
    OK as soon as I get a address I will mail you my reliminary design of the Firefly

Thanks
    Manuel

8. Jaguar

Jaguar Junior Member

Manuel,
    St Albans is a pretty rough place I hope your pontoon designs are better!? Just kidding its a great place with real people as well as Maltese. melbourne is very cosmoploitan and a great place to live. So everyone else thinks as it has been voted 'Most livable City in the World' for 2 years recently. Good luck with the project. Regards,
    Jaguar (cat enthusiast)

9. Dan Birkett

Dan Birkett Guest

Mr

I have seen your postings and am wishing to contact you as I am wanting to build or buy a 12 /14meter house boat. I am located in Hungary. It needs to have "CE" class C or D certification.

If you are interested please contact me on birwin1@is.hu

Dan.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.