Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors

Go Back   Boat Design Forums > Construction > Boatbuilding > Metal Boat Building
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Most Recent Posts Gallery Images Search

Old 06-04-2004, 11:53 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 6
Houseboat Pontoon Design

Hi there water-rats,
Dose any houseboat enthusiast outthere have detailed plans for houseboat pontoon construction for loading capacity of 35-40 metric tons for river cruising. 1200 sections are usually hexagon or octagon design formed out of two sheets of 1200x2400 mm sheet ( 3mm) galv steel. Sections must be water tight. The 2 pontoons are each 20 metres long. Half the pontoon will displace 33 metric tons of fresh water.
Regards

Old 06-05-2004, 04:01 AM

Rep: 10 Posts: 85
Houseboat Pontoon Design

Hi,
I don't have that detailed plans, but I can do it for you. I have some experience in houseboat design. Here are two pictures with my design. If you are interested for collaboration contact me.
Emil.
Attached Thumbnails
Houseboat Pontoon Design-houseboat.jpg  Houseboat Pontoon Design-3d2.jpg  
Old 06-05-2004, 11:00 AM

Steel Pontoon Design

Do you have design details for large commercial steel pontoons 20 meters length with approx 35 metric tonne displacement for 2.
Regards,
Frank
Old 06-08-2004, 12:42 AM

Rep: 10 Posts: 85
Steel Pontoon Design

Hi,
Like I said I don't have detailed plans for your request, but I have some experience in pontoon design or houseboat design and I can make detailed plans for you. Here is a pontoon, but not with your specification.
Regards,
Emil
Attached Thumbnails
Houseboat Pontoon Design-pontoon.jpg  
Old 07-22-2004, 05:00 AM

Rep: 10 Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilSB
Hi,
Like I said I don't have detailed plans for your request, but I have some experience in pontoon design or houseboat design and I can make detailed plans for you. Here is a pontoon, but not with your specification.
Regards,
Emil
Hi There, Europe here.

I am thinking of building a house boat to retire on... 14'x 48' (4x 14.4m circa)
If you give e-mail address I will send you rough design for you to checkout.

Thanks Manuel (medman9it@yahoo.com)
Old 07-22-2004, 05:24 AM

Hi Manuel,
Thankyou for the response. Europe is a long way from OZ, the email must have taken quite a long time (just kidding). Importantly, I am very interested in assessing your Pontoon designs for my application. If you have not built your pontoons yet please let me know because I can forward interim drawings to done on MSDRAW for you to review and/or use accordingly. Please advise. I will forward you an email asap.
Regards,
Frank
Melbourne Australia.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:28 AM
manuel

Mr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar
Hi Manuel,
Thankyou for the response. Europe is a long way from OZ, the email must have taken quite a long time (just kidding). Importantly, I am very interested in assessing your Pontoon designs for my application. If you have not built your pontoons yet please let me know because I can forward interim drawings to done on MSDRAW for you to review and/or use accordingly. Please advise. I will forward you an email asap.
Regards,
Frank
Melbourne Australia.
Hi! Frank,

Thanks for the prompt reply....
So Hoz Oz these days... I am Maltese orrigionally so St Albans is full of us I hear....
OK as soon as I get a address I will mail you my reliminary design of the Firefly

Thanks
Manuel
Old 07-22-2004, 10:04 AM

Manuel,
St Albans is a pretty rough place I hope your pontoon designs are better!? Just kidding its a great place with real people as well as Maltese. melbourne is very cosmoploitan and a great place to live. So everyone else thinks as it has been voted 'Most livable City in the World' for 2 years recently. Good luck with the project. Regards,
Jaguar (cat enthusiast)

Old 09-28-2004, 04:45 PM
Dan Birkett

Mr

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilSB
Hi,
Regards,
Emil
I have seen your postings and am wishing to contact you as I am wanting to build or buy a 12 /14meter house boat. I am located in Hungary. It needs to have "CE" class C or D certification.

If you are interested please contact me on birwin1@is.hu

Dan.