Chantier Naval Hesaro Agadir Morocco Atlas 80'

Discussion in 'Metal Boat Building' started by nappel, Oct 29, 2007.

1. nappel

nappel New Member

I am considering acquiring a 2005 80ft Atlas built at the follwoing shipyard in Morocco: Chantier Naval Hesaro Agadir. The baot was designed by M.Pena. Having viewed the boat last weekend I was rather shocked to find a rather tired boat and one in need of a substantial amount of work. The paintwork has blistering. No rubber seals had been used where hinges made of one metal had been attached to another metal also causing a reaction. The stairs from aft deck to upper deck showed cracking. Has anyone had any experience with any other boats designed by Pena or more importantly built at thsi shipyard. I am concerned about what I can see but even more worried about what I cant.:confused: :?:

2. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

its not usual, for designers to have much say in the detail, which comes down to good common sense engineering and best boat building practice
    But yes there are some shocking examples out there You need a survey , always
    whats he built in Glass?
    ok I see her, look if the paint is lifting, there is no short cut to fix, that means a sand blast , i have considerable experience with metal, and will be in Europe soon, if you are not in a huirry I could take a look Winter coming on, she won't sell so fast?http://www.yachtworld.com/core/list...=76&man=atlas&slim=quick&is=false&searchtype=

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.