aluminum welding issue

Discussion in 'Metal Boat Building' started by Brian.Lin, Jul 24, 2016.

1. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

That makes sense. You weld 75 mm, leave a space 75mm, weld 75mm again etc until done. Then grind etc, go back and fill in the 75mm spaces, then grind etc, then continuous weld the whole works. I imagine the sequence would apply to any stitch welds, whether chain, staggered, butt, lap, filet or any other type there might be that need to end up being a continuous/tight weld.

Thank you, today I learned something.

As an example that even to knowledgeable people instructions aren't always clear...

https://app.aws.org/forum/topic_show.pl?tid=12143

2. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

I guess you're talking about me. A friend of mine, when loudly told by the foreman to quit asking so many God damn questions replied even louder "Hey, that's how I ******* learn!" 40 years later I still laugh about that.

3. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

SamSam, no, I was not talking about you, but I can consider you as a friend. Actually, maybe I have not expressed well. The problem is not asking questions, which is very healthy, but talking about what one does not know.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.