wall paper

Discussion in 'Materials' started by gabriel, May 12, 2014.

1. gabriel

gabriel Junior Member

Hello Guys

I am remodeling all the interior and I am looking into wall paper for most walls. Can anyone suggest me what kind of wall paper are used in boats and where to find it. I have been searching on the internet but I couldn't t find a supplier for this kind of special paper. I found some paper in the "GREAT LAKES SKIPPER" webpage but honestly the variety is poor. So please any good advice is welcome.

Thanks
    Gabriel

2. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

It has to hold up to temperature and humidity swings plus use waterproof adhesive. You can find the stuff on line.

3. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Any wallpaper rated for bathroom use will do fine.

4. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Senior Member

Are you sure you want wallpaper? A hard painted surface is easier to clean and maintain.

5. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

Wallpaper can cover up and hide defects that would be highlighted if painted, such as waviness, cracks, different textures, etc. Surface preparation and application of paint is a lot more labor intensive compared to wallpaper and takes more skill. If the skills aren't available or money is tight, wallpaper can be a reasonable choice.

6. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

We use to finish a lot of charter fishing boats with wall paper for that reason. It was faster and cheaper.

7. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

8. smokeysailor

smokeysailor New Member

i AM A PROFESSIONAL PAINTER AND WALLPAPER HANGER. MY ADVICE IS DO A FAUX FINISH INSTEAD OF WALLPAPER. IT NOT ONLY HIDES WAY MORE DAMAGE, IT DOESN'T GET WRECKED AS EASILY. i DO FAUX FINISHING ON HIGH TRAFFIC AREAS WITHOUT REPAIRING THE WALLS FIRST, IT COVERS EVERYTHING FROM HOLES TO DENTS, SCRAPS ETC. tHE COLOURS AND DESIGN ARE ENDLESS.

9. Petros

Petros Senior Member

A painted surface would seem best to me too, particularly if you texture it with a faux finish. but quality all vinyl wall paper should work well, tough and water proof, easy to clean. Though it is costly. You want all vinyl, not the vinyl coated paper they sometimes sell as "vinyl".

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.