rope rub rails

Discussion in 'Materials' started by tugman, Mar 13, 2007.

1. tugman

tugman New Member

hey i just built a 14' candu ez mini tug. and i was looking for a rope rub rail does any one now of a websit that i could find it at. i looked at west marine and they did not realy have what i was looking for. i want on thats easy to change the rope. and lookes good

2. Eagle Boats

Eagle Boats Senior Member

Barbour Plastics in Massachusetts manufacturers rubrails. They have some where you can put a rope insert in. I am not sure if they will sell to you unless you are in the business however. If not, try Defender Industries in Connecticut. They carry a fair amount of items there.

3. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

The Euros use polly rope in special welded in line guides , and use a turnbuckle to tighten it.

Works great.

IF you have a hard time finding the underneath part, a second choice is fenders strung on a STRONG (spectra?) line .

Put 10 or 15 on a side with no space between and coming alongside anything is a snap.

FF

4. Tim B

Tim B Senior Member

Have a look at Vetus. Page 152 in thier catalogue. There is also a website which can be found by googling.

Tim B

5. Rusty Bucket

Rusty Bucket Junior Member

rope rub rail

Hamilton marine

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.