Roll and tip with latex paint

Discussion in 'Materials' started by Tungsten, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Tungsten

Tungsten Senior Member

Krylon is the clear coat,color max.I'll have to find some rougher wet paper then,too bad the 1000 panel looks awesome super smooth.

As far as a sprayer goes I'll only buy a good unit,read some reviews about the 3900 not really a gun for top quality finish with good paint.Besides the price here in Canada is probably double.

If the sanding doesn't work out i'll just sand it all off and go with rattle cans,or go gun shopping.

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

The Graco 3900 shouldn't be confused with an automotive finish style of gun. It's strictly a small job, homeowners thing, as I mentioned, but it beats rolling ad tipping that's for sure. You can work faster, cover larger areas and apply a clean, smooth, stipple free finish. If I need that level of finish I have a few Binks siphon feeds I can drag out and some new DevilBliss gravity feds.

3. Tungsten

Tungsten Senior Member

So I have it down to two guns,HVLP with the regulator on it so conversion I guess they call it.Gravity feed or suction is what I can't decide.

Attached Files:

4. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Gravity can't shoot overhead or upside down. Suction can get overhead and with a remote cup upside down too. Suction is usually more expensive.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.