Refurbishing Adhesives

Discussion in 'Materials' started by Tem, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Tem

Tem New Member

I'm redooing the interrior of the cabin of my boat. and I've gotten everything now all I need is to find a good adhesive that will stick for sure cus I already tried with the spray stuff you use on cars and it stuck on some areas but it drooped in others..

what is the absolute best adhesive for this kind of stuff and if thats to expensive whats the second best? LOL

the refurbishing will be in vinyl

2. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Contact adhesive is a good medium to be using, if you used the "spray stuff", did you do both sides and leave it to dry before joining together?
    Contact is applied to both sides and allowed to be touch dry, usually about 10 to 15 munutes. If using vinyl, it may pay to stick say 1/8" foam on the bacj first, it gives a more even appearance

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.