Reasonably priced windows

Discussion in 'Materials' started by goBoating, Mar 17, 2004.

1. goBoating

goBoating New Member

I am converting a 1954 Palmer Scott Utility Launch into something between a lobsterer and picnic boat. She will be used in rivers and bays and on the intercoastal as a cruiser and will not see big/heavy water. I am looking for a reasonably priced solution for side windows. On each side, she will have one fixed triangular window forward followed by a rectangular sliding window. I can build the fixed triangular window easily but the 24" tall x 30" long sliding window is a little more complicated. Does anyone know of a window manufacturer that would be appropriate? This boat will retain her working boat aesthetic so I don't want/need something that you'd find on a polished yacht. I have found one supplier (http://www.wynneinc.com/) that seems like what I'm looking for. Are there any others out there?

2. captword

captword Junior Member

why not build in the window frame and track yourself where the top piece of molding can be unscrewed if the window needs replacing? That has been done with a lot of boats. ANd whatever glass company that you get the glass cut at can also get you the edge gaskets to seal it vut still be able to slide it open.
    Howard