Painting ?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by dansea, Sep 6, 2004.

1. dansea

dansea Junior Member

Can anyone point me in the right direction ? I built a 13 foot canoe and want to paint it camofloug [green , brown , black , and even maybe some blue ] I have played around with it but it keeps getting worse , [ imagine that ] I'm looking for info on how to paint camofloug so it looks like camofloug rather than paint thrown around....Any suggestions...Thanks....Dan

2. MarkC

MarkC Senior Member

Just choose one neutral colour - like green - problem solved. Or paint the bottom green and the top grey - make your job easy instead of trying to 'mottle' it.

3. Dutch Peter

Dutch Peter Senior Member

Isn't that what camouflage is, colours thrown around, as nature does???
    Copy the patern of an army jacket and transvere that to your canoe.

4. dansea

dansea Junior Member

I guess I was getting carried away with the idea of a camo paint job , like it was supposed to be "perfect " I did get something of my very own camo design paint....light blue base and then a quik coat of green on top real sloppyish , then put the boat out in the weeds and it fit right in,,,,I think thats a good thing.....? Thanks.....Dan
    '

5. tja

tja Senior Member

Search on Google for the Duck hunters boat page and present your question. They will give you several ways to go.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.