newbie looking for guidance on stainless (rubrail fabrication 2004 Stingray 230SX)

Discussion in 'Materials' started by ruffwater, Jan 22, 2013.

1. ruffwater

ruffwater New Member

I just stumbled onto this site and joined right away!!! Im looking for advice/ help/ anything on some custom stainless rubrail fabrication for my 2004 Stingray 230SX. Any direction to correct forum to post to or help as a newbie would be GREATLY appreciated. Sorry if im in the wrong section, dont wana irritate anybody! Thanks to all!

2. 805gregg

805gregg Junior Member

A custom stainless rubrail is going to cost more than your boat, whats wrong with the origional? Look up rub rails on Jamestown Distributors.

3. FMS

FMS Senior Member

4. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Taco metals is major rub rail provider to the American Marine industry.

pre drilled SS rail is expensive.

http://tacomarine.com/

5. ruffwater

ruffwater New Member

I have been on taco metal website already. The original rubrail is in great shape but is the black rubber type. I like the look of the stainless and it wasnt offered on my boat when i ordered it in '04. There is a curve in the aft section on both sides that may not be able to be done. Its beyond my fab skills at this time.

6. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

7. ruffwater

ruffwater New Member

Thanks for the info Mr. Pierzga. The tessilmare website is spot on for what I was looking for. I will post some pics after i get this project accomplished.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.