Which marine plywood?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by cyclops, Nov 24, 2005.

1. cyclops

cyclops Senior Member

A good supplier near me has the following. From best to worst, please rate them for the following applications. I have a good cabinet maker who will do the cutting of the scarf angles. All 1/4". Some will be 10'--12'--16'. Ash, White, quartered A1---------Mahogany, Honduras, flat cut A1---------Mahogany, Philippine, Ribbon Stripe A1--------Same, but rotary cut-----------------Mahogany,Occume (Morroco). ---------------These will be used for the bottom skins with frames and stringers forming 12" x 12" boxes on the bottom. All edges will also have 1" x 1" triangular gussets glued from the edges to the bottom skins.----------------Side frames are 12" apart. They will also have 1" triangular gussetts glued for support full length. Engine floor same. Main deck same. I am sure the boat structure will survive a roll with ease. ------------ The boat is 20' x 4.0' @ WL and 5' at the deck x 3.5' deep at the bow, with a reverse sheer. Transom is 2.5' deep. I can scan the plans to someone if they know how to post them. Thanks for any help at this point of the construction.

2. cyclops

cyclops Senior Member

It is a 2 seat runabout, probably 800# of hull. 700# of engine. 300# of V drive equipment. 100# of "stuff". and 180# of gasoline. A Gentleman's Racer.

3. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.