looking for components...

Discussion in 'Materials' started by nhangler, May 10, 2006.

1. nhangler

nhangler New Member

Hi there,

I've really enjoyed reading through this forum over the last few months while working on my boat. I replaced the transom and sole on a 1975 20' Wellcraft CC and have found some invaluable advice here. Now I'm hoping someone can lead me to a source for a component for my console. I recently saw in a new Sea Pro CC a nice housing/compartment for a radio or other electronics that is recessed into the console and has a nice glass door that lifts and retracts into the top. I haven't found anything even similar to that in all my searches. Ideally it doesn't have to be just that one, but something along those lines that I can cut into the console and screw into place. I'd like to put the radio and maybe a stereo in it, possibly even my battery selector switch to keep it visible and easily accessible.

Anyone have a lead to where I might find something like this? The local Sea Pro dealer was less than helpful and the company doen't want to get back to me either.

Thanks,
    Evan

2. SheetWise

SheetWise All Beach -- No Water.

If you don't mind me tagging onto your thread ... ;)

I'd appreciate any suggestions on exterior speakers that will hold up well in a salt environment.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.