line-x on bottom

Discussion in 'Materials' started by gary1, May 6, 2006.

1. gary1

gary1 Senior Member

Evening,
    I'am about to start building a boat using the stich n glue method using epoxy resin. The boat is a 22ft long planing hull design. Now when it comes times to paint I want to put the most durable finish I can on the bottom of it that I can ,to protect it when beaching it etc.
    I have heard abbout a product called Line-x supposed to be some sort of spray on polyurethene type of material,it is supposed to be slightly textured and have marine applications eg deck and hull. It apparently doesn't have a glass like finish would a slightly textured finish affect the performence that much. Wondering if anyone has used this product in a mmarine application.
    If not would anyone have any suggestions as to a product that i might be able to use besides paint that is really tough and durable for the bottom of the boat. This is the Line-x site http://www.line-xicd.com
    Thank's Gary

2. boatbuilder.org

boatbuilder.org Junior Member

I have used it on decks and interiors, but don't think it would be that great on the hull of a planing design, best to keep the finish smooth I would think.
    ---Joel---

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.