Inflatable materials

Discussion in 'Materials' started by survivalboat, Jan 27, 2012.

1. survivalboat

survivalboat New Member

Hi, how is everyone? I am new to this forum. I have purchased a few inflatable rafts in the past couple of years and have found them to be pretty good to go down rivers and a bit of paddle in the lakes. I have decided recently to attempt to make one on my own so I can have exactly what I want (eg, size, application, etc, etc...)

I have been doing a bit of research and decided the type of material I want to go with is poly urethane coated nylon which appears to be the lightest, and resistant to cracking after being in the sun and folded.

Is there anyone here who can tell me where I can purchase this material from? I have searched over the net and I found 2 companys which does not seem to sell to public.

Any information would be helpful.

Cheers.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.