"Great Stuff" for flotation foam?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by crasea18, Apr 23, 2007.

1. crasea18

crasea18 Junior Member

I've been reading up here a little about flotation foam and it's problems with water absorption. Has anyone heard of using the canned foam air gap filler commonly sold at local hardware outlets? I haven't priced the commercial products intended for this application but this other route might be easy and inexpensive. Maybe not in the long run.......:?:

2. KnottyBuoyz

KnottyBuoyz Provocateur & Raconteur

3. crasea18

crasea18 Junior Member

Thanks Knotty. For the benefit of anyone else reading this, I called DuPont and Great Stuff will NOT work for flotation. It's not made for that they told me it needs air and water to cure. So looks like the mix and pour types are the most economical. About $30 to get 2 cu feet. Time to get out the geometry book and a calculator......

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.