Fenglu Aluminium

Discussion in 'Materials' started by Guest62110524, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Guest62110524

Guest62110524 Previous Member

I had this company, cut two dyes to my design, and then to supply 350kg only of each
    Total 750kG
    I paid approx 50% upfront the dyes were abt 4000
    The samples came and were first rate
    The company (after I paid all) threatened to recycle if I did not tell them where to ship too At this stage I was unsure
    I told em brisbane
    Duly the stuff turned up, great , wonderful packaging top product
    I ordered more . They then said, 450m min, that is 2000kg enough belting to go around QE11
    I said stick it keep my dyes
    so much for bizz in China

2. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

whoosh,

Yep, typical life in China mate.

Local ally extruders will do small order runs like yours you know, and if there is enough demand for the section, they pay for the die, you pay for the metal only.

3. Herman

Herman Senior Member

You tell 2 slightly different stories in 2 different forums (Materials and Marketplace).

I suggest lining the stories up, and go to your local extruder next time. Running to China for this stuff is a good thing: Your local extruder goes out of business, and you will complain about Chinese quality / service, and the fact that you can only get stuff in China, because the local extruder is gone.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.