Epoxy on green poly.

Discussion in 'Materials' started by mark775, Feb 2, 2010.

1. mark775

mark775 Guest

Should be a quick one with no way to fight - Making structural parts out of poly/ installing in epoxy. How long do I wait? Thanks - Mark

2. CDK

CDK retired engineer

They merge very well. I have done it several times with grp parts that were still tacky.

3. mark775

mark775 Guest

I let them sit a few days, thinking whatever outgassing or whatever is happening would be done. I 'spose I didn't even need to wait that long. I was being careful as they are major structural (keel extension, upper rudder shelf). 'Nother question - Water got splashed on the raw rebuild area of the keel today. I don't have a moisture meter. If it looks/feels dry, is it dry enuf for epoxy? Serious stuff happenin' on my boat tomorrow morning, then. Thank-you. - Mark

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.