Charcoal filtration

Discussion in 'Materials' started by Eagle Boats, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Eagle Boats

Eagle Boats Senior Member

I would like to add charcoal filtration to our temporary structure where we laminate. Does anyone have any experience with this, and can give me some insight as to how to contruct such a system.

2. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

I imagine you want to pacify the neighbors ( it won't take the place of a respirator). Indoor pot growers sometimes use them to eliminate the smell and the systems are sold ( and homemade ones described ) wherever those people surf. Google "grow your own" or "marihuana" or something and that will get you started. "Activated charcoal" is the heart of the system and it can be bought in bulk, again Google that to find where. Sam

3. Eagle Boats

Eagle Boats Senior Member

Sam, I appreciate the response and will Google it. However, what I am looking for is a system including all of the components, ie; fan, duct work, container.

4. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

5. DGreenwood

DGreenwood Senior Member

There is a good article in Pro BoatBuilder in a past issue. ( can't remember which) you'll have to check the index because I am too lazy.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.