brackets

Discussion in 'Materials' started by lprimina, Sep 13, 2005.

1. lprimina

lprimina Senior Member

I am building my 3rd 28ft sports fishing boat. I have been buying the brackets for 2200.00 bucks (for a poor cheap man like me that a lot but as of now well worth it) I have found a welder who will build them for me for cost of materials and 20%. it comes out cheaper this way.So the question is. are there any plans out there to make brackets that I can get.
    As always your help is most welcome.
    Thanks Ben

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

What are the brackets for?

3. lprimina

lprimina Senior Member

sorry, that would help. the bracket would hold two 200 horse outboards and a small platform on eather side(18inches).
    Ben

4. Capt. Chris

Capt. Chris Junior Member

Ben,
    We are building our own bracket for a 28' project also. I have not seen any plans to build one, I think because they almost have to be custom made for the transom fit.( curve, height , etc.) We are basically going off photos and also from production brackets. If your welder has a shear this will be a huge advantage since there is lots of cutting to do. Check out D and D marine, they make brackets and also list their competitors web sites...one stop shopping! Good luck, Chris

5. lprimina

lprimina Senior Member

Thanks Chris.He does and I will check out D and D
    Ben