Boat?? HUH??!!

Discussion in 'Materials' started by sandmbarton, Apr 7, 2006.

1. sandmbarton

sandmbarton New Member

K... so my husband and I got 4 15' canoe-type boats but they all have a flat bottom. They are fairly old and need to be painted. I havent seen where any major repairs are needed. However, the man we got these from said that they have some fiberglass netting/seal stuff around the seams. Where do I get that stuff to go over it just to make sure the boats wont sink? Also, what kind of paint would be the best to repaint with? The paint he used coming off and parts of the wood is exposed now. THANK YOU!! We have never done anything like this before and we dont know where to begin!!

2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Welcome aboard!
    Sounds like you've got a nice little project there. Before you break out the sander and chisels, I'd suggest spending a few hours lounging around with a good book on boat restoration. Everyone has their pet books and I'm sure some of the veterans will be pushing their favourites on here very shortly.
    Some photos would help greatly in the diagnosis of your new fleet's ailments. (You can attach them to new posts right here in the forum.) Good luck!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.