Antifouling Paint Question - ViViD

Discussion in 'Materials' started by TennesseeGuy, May 31, 2005.

1. TennesseeGuy

TennesseeGuy New Member

I recently purchased my future migrane and am curious if anyone has ever used the ViViD Antifouling Paint Line from Pettit. After surfing the internet for a few hours, the few comments I have found are a bit discouraging to say the least but due to the coloring options available this appears to still be the best solution. I will be spending the week, when not working, sanding and poxing the hull of the boat while I continue to read up on any other alternative Antifouling paints available. Although Interlux from what I have read has received some of the highest ratings, they do not offer the color I need. Has anyone used this product or an alternative and if so how many seasons has the Antifouling lasted before having to reapply? Thanks in advance and great forum by the way. I have found all kinds of cool tips here so far. :)

2. Corpus Skipper

Corpus Skipper Hopeless Boataholic

I haven't used the Vivid line, but Pettit's Trinidad paint has worked well for me. After 1 year in our semi tropical conditions all I needed to do was to scrub around the waterline and metal parts. Interlux modified epoxy didn't hold up nearly as well.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.