1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

Who sells "Splines" ??

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Dutch Peter, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Dutch Peter

Dutch Peter Senior Member

Looking for a company in Europe who sells splines.
    Can anyone help me out.

2. B. Hamm

B. Hamm Junior Member

Drafting splines are generally easy to obtain from any drafting supply house, they are fairly common.

Lofting splines (didn't mention which you were looking at) are generally cut by the builder, must be a bunch longer than drafting splines.

Bill H.

3. CDBarry

CDBarry Senior Member

Go to a plastic supplier, buy a scrap sheet of acrylic (perspex) sheet and rip out a bunch for yourself.

You don't really need the groove on top, since they chip out anyway.

4. D'ARTOIS

D'ARTOIS Senior Member

Drafting Splines

To Dutch Peter

You cannot just saw off a strip of perspex or pvc sheet. You need to know the bending resistance, the thickness allowing your rotring pen to go along, etc.
    Then, the edges need to be polished otherwise you won't get straight lines on your sheets. Give me a call and I will help you. Holland, 0619-772492

5. Dutch Peter

Bill,

Drafting splines are hard to come by, atleast in the Netherlands. But thanks for the reply!

D'Artois,

Thanks for the offer, I'll email my personals tonight!!

6. Robert Miller

Robert Miller Junior Member

7. Dutch Peter

Robert,

I'm aware of that site, was my second option. Sent an email requesting info on mail charges, but no reply yet.
    But my problem is solved no, I'm offered a set for free.

Thanks for replying anyway.

8. Herman

Herman Senior Member

I bought some very nice splines in Gouda, at Verzijl kantoorartikelen. (Korte Tiendeweg). This was some time ago, and it was the nearest shop (5 minutes walk...)

If they do not have it, try your luck at Harolds Grafik in Rotterdam, Burgemeester van Walsumweg. They have about anything for drafting, drawing and art.

9. Cliff Caldwell

Cliff Caldwell New Member

for anyone like me that stumbles on to this thread. I found some at Charrette, for US $6-10. several lengths

http://www.charrette.com/

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.