1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

WANTED: Copenhagen Ship Curves

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by rmerold, Sep 19, 2006.

1. rmerold

rmerold New Member

I'm looking for a set of Copenhagen Ship Curves, so if you have any you would like to sell, I am interested.

2. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

Cost almost US$350 Made of wood from YDS, OR US$450 Made of beautiful plastic with serial imprintment come with wooden case from Charrette... OR find a friend near you who have a set and make it yourself EASY & CHEAP!:)

I have a set just flown in from Charrette and it is beautiful!

Good Luck

3. ABoatGuy

ABoatGuy Member

Check ebay item > Item number: 230033230372

4. Brian McKay

Brian McKay New Member

Copenhagen Ship's Curves

I will be visiting my father over Christmas. My sister and I gave him a complete set of 56 (I think) ship's curves for his retirement. Unfortunately, Altzhiemers has had different plans for my father. I will pick them up during Christmas holidays. If anyone is still interested, I can either put them on Ebay, or possibly sell direct. I Live in Canada and should be able to ship anywhere by UPS or other courier.
    We paid over $400 US for them and it would be nice to recoup that cash layout. I can give more details in the new year after I have them in my possession.

5. elephant

elephant New Member

Copenhagen Ship's Curves

I have recently unearthed my old set of curves. There are a total of 56 curves in the set, with an additional 4 duplicates. This is a complete set of Copenhagen Ship's Curves by Alvin in the original wooden box. I used them while taking the NAEBM Yacht Design course in the 60's. Can hardlly see them now! (My vision, not the curve's problem).

I am open to reasonable offers.

Also have a Morilla 1290 Pantograph and a Mutoh Model L Drafting Machine (40 x 72) with complete rails, rulers, head, etc.

Kent

6. Brian McKay

Brian McKay New Member

To Elephant.
    Hi, Just received an email from you, but you misread the thread I had posted. I as well have a set pf ship's curves for sale. Thanks for reading though.
    Brian

7. C.Rödiger

C.Rödiger New Member

Hello Elephant,
    I am interested in the set of copenhagen ships curves, although there is a stumbling block wich is the price. I do have a set of hamburg ships curves on offer (complete with 7 spare) for €110,- ,that would be about $160,-US including p&p. I don't know about p&p from the US to Germany, neither do I know about taxes, VAT, etc. That limits the price to about $150,-US. Payment is via VISA-card, I presume?
    It is not That urgent, so if you or a relative plan to visit Europe in the next months, take the box along and send it from Frankfurt (postage is €9,70 inside Germany).
    Cheerio,
    Carsten

8. Andrew Mirsky

Andrew Mirsky New Member

After a two-year long research and prototyping project, there is now a Kickstarter project where you can purchase nautical drafting curves:

- Ship Curves One: a single-piece that contains more than a dozen ship curves.

- Dixon Kemp Curves: a five-piece set of pear-shaped ship curves attributed to a mid-1800s maritime architect.

- Copenhagen Ship Curves: both the standard 56-piece set as well as an extended 120-piece set.

You can find out more about the project and research from my blog on the Copenhagen Curves website or purchase directly through my Kickstarter project.

Copenhagen Ships Curves http://copenhagenshipcurves.com/
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...en-ship-curves
    [​IMG]

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.