1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

Wanted to buy- small dingy/tender in Melbourne Australia.

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by hansp77, Aug 23, 2006.

1. hansp77

hansp77

Wanted to buy- small dinghy/tender in Melbourne Australia.

For those in my area,
    if you, or anyone you know, has a (preferably fiberglass) tender/dinghy that they want to sell, let me know.

One would think that they are easy to come by, but I have been searching the trading post and ebay for well over a month now (practically everday).

Its use will be for tying and winching up under a jetty and rowing out to my swing mooring- preferably under 10 ft, and the uglier and cheaper it is- all the better. Hopefully then it won't get stolen.

I know that there must be hundreds of these things lying around rotting in back yards or gathering dust in garages. There just doesn't seem to be many people selling them- at least not around Melbourne at the moment. If anyone has any suggestions of where else to look, please suggest away.

Thanks.
    Hans.

2. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member

Have you tried craigslist yet? Not sure its popular there yet, but its free. Kinda like Ebay and the newspaper classified put together.
    http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/au

3. joz

joz Senior Member

4. hansp77

hansp77

Thanks Joz,
    they sound like nice little boats.

However, I ended up buying an old 9 ft tinnie off ebay last week.
    I just have to go pick it up.
    Good luck selling yours.
    Hans.

5. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Hansp, Does this mean youve got a weed whacker propulsion system sorted out.

6. hansp77

hansp77

Jack,
    the weed wacker or electric propulsion was going to be for the inflatable I already have (that we would pump up at the car and paddle out from there).

I have gone for the other option, which is to chain and whinch up a dedicated tender under the jetty and then paddle out from there. (this is a much shorter paddle than from where we park the car- about 300meters aposed to 800meters.)
    I have chosen a nice 'old looking' tinnie that will hopefully not get stolen.
    Just have to get a couple of oars now. Its a Dehaviland Hawker car topper apparantly.

Attached Files:

7. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member

Nice find Hans! You know you could always paint it an brown and put some junk in it. Nobody will take it then:)
    Thats a nice little boat, good luck with her.
    -Figgy

8. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I like it too -- did you get the wheebarrow with it.

9. hansp77

hansp77

and two goats, a wagon load of pumpkins and his first born...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.