1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

S-2 glass fiber roving, 5 and 15 pound spools

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by BillyDoc, Aug 18, 2007.

1. BillyDoc

BillyDoc Senior Member

I have a total of 70 pounds of S-2 glass roving left over from a project several years ago. This roving was made by Owens-Corning under license from AGY Inc., and is in five 5 pound spools and three 15 pound spools. The five pound spools are type 933AA – 750, product code 71C71613, and the fifteen pound spools are type 463AA – 250, product code 71C71443 (see photos). Data for the 933 glass may be found here: http://www.agy.com/products/s2/PDFs/933_RovingEnglish.pdf, and data for the 463 glass may be found here: http://www.agy.com/products/s2/PDFs/463_RovingEnglish.pdf.

The cartons for the spools I have were water-damaged during one of our many hurricanes, but the contents are in protective plastic bags and appear in as-manufactured excellent condition with no damage.

Significant benefits of S-2 glass over conventional glass are: Over 85% more tensile strength in resin impregnated strands. Better fiber toughness, modulus of resilience and impact deformation. Enhanced stiffness. Excellent tolerance to damage accumulation. Quick wet-out. S-2 glass is commonly used for armor.

Let me know if you want some of this stuff. I'll sell the fifteen pound spools for $150 each, and the five pound spools for $75 each (plus shipping and FL tax, if applicable).

Fair winds.

BillyDoc

Attached Files:

2. Harv88

Harv88 New Member

S2 roving

I am interested in a 5 pound spool, is there still some available?
    Paul

3. BillyDoc

BillyDoc Senior Member

Hi Paul,

Still some left. Let me know where you are and I'll find out about shipping.

Bill

4. Harv88

Harv88 New Member

Bill, I sent you some info via the forum email option.
    Paul

5. Bille

Bille New Member

Do you have any S-2 roving left ?

Thanks Bille

Last edited: May 4, 2021
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.