1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

My little piece of peace

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by masalai, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Yes, but in a different context.

My bro in law also lives next to the brak of the river, you have very little crime there - but wait, it's coming your way ;)

I hear you guys now suck water out of the sand there. A trick you coppied from the Kalahari Bushman I believe.

Fire is all wrong. Yellow light repels insects, so they don't fly into the fire. Just switch that nice white light of your's on and they swarm right to the only food bowl on the table, or any of the glasses that's not empty yet :D

Sounds to me you just got comfy... Couple of gales out and you will be back into shape and as thin as a fiddle.

That's why you have to install the broadband radar Mas. When they reach like 30 to 50 meters, you softly start the electric trolling motor up and just keep that distance. Once out in the ocean you make a couple of turns around them to confuse their direction and head back to the anchor, via a false route. If they make it back you run them over.

2. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

On land they burn coconut husk, cant do that on the boat ,--but suppose could lite the barbie on the boat. You know thats not a bad idea, yeah I could do that --hey thanks for that idea,-- ille try that.

3. masalai

masalai masalai

I am not just a good looking gentleman:eek: - - but also caring and try to be helpful:D;)

4. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

You certainly are Mas that was a great idea. If there is no Mosies then the missus cant accuse me of attracting them to the bedroom.

Now where can I get a barbie?

5. masalai

masalai masalai

a 20 litre drum cut in half, add a few bars to stiffen it up and work out a system to hang it off the rails so all the ash falls in the water... get some cowshit, mix some aromatic sawdust shape the slush into briquette size, allow to dry... then ignite in your "hob" keep a bit of hemp handy to stifle the flames and sweeten the smoke smell...

6. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Don't you mean stainless steel basting dish with some straps that go on the hand rail. 1 inch by 2mm steel strap on the top rail and one for support on the bottom made one for the last boat, it was also fish gutting table.

Power boats don't have hand rails, but I like your idea of a hanging basket from a fishing rod. I could do that.

7. masalai

masalai masalai

hehehe just do not use nylon line - better ss trace - long ones...

8. BertKu

BertKu Senior Member

Is he also living in Powertown next to the brak river? (Just Joking).

Yes, sofar it has been very peacefull here. No we don't suck water out of sand, I have put 2 x 1600 liter waterdrums up to collect rain at the back of my house. I have now 2000 liter collected, good enough for drinking water.

Mass, you are right, it does work to keep the Mossie's away from your delicious barbie. When I was living on our farm in East London, we also burned that stuff to keep the flies and mossies away from our horses. This because of the African Horse Sickness.
    Bert

9. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

There is no mozzies in London --they are midges. never seen so may in all my life on the Thames in Windsor one summer evening.

10. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

I dunno, they live in the golf course, some dolpin something. Amazingly they don't fish and they don't sail, doesn't even own a boat. Get sea sick just thinking about a boat.

Frosty, was that before or after your auntie Elizabeth the seventh-and-thirteen-seventeeths disowned you ?
    That must have been one hell of a long summer night if it was all your life :rolleyes: I hear the midgets are too short to kiss the girl during inter course, so they just shake their hands... The one chick who was involved with a midget said the best contraceptive is to check his eyes. When they glaze over or roll back she kicks the bucket from under him.

Eh Mas. when are you guys starting up again ? Someone else I know in the AU says they are still on leave... seems you guys take this Christmas thing a bit far, don't you think ? Look at me lips. Christmas is one day... not one month...

11. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Fannie --midges --midges --with an- S not a midget with a -T

Midge as in flying insect, It would be socially incorrect to call a midget a flying insect although some might be.

12. masalai

masalai masalai

Yessss your royal thainess

13. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Hey Mas I just noticed --your rep points is the same as the price of gold. Is someone trying to tell you something.

14. masalai

masalai masalai

In which currency? - maybe Goldman read the global economics thread for their positioning? quick give me 800 more points and tell Goldman Sucks in AU$ will be nice...

15. Boston

Boston Previous Member

ok hate to break up the levity with a moment of thoughtful consideration but having lived out on the cape for a number of summers I can honestly say its the sand flees and the green flies that will eat you alive, This is one of the key considerations that keeps steering me back to the commuter yacht type design. Basically you can hang mosquito nets on it real easily which makes the open bits a lot more habitable in the shallows or anchored by a salt marsh. The old style sail boats like the Island princes would be a lot more effort for a lot less room under the nets.

it would be nice to go say check out some shallow rivers without being eaten alive at the tiller

and now
    we return you to your regularly scheduled programing

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.