1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

My little piece of peace

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by masalai, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masalai

masalai masalai

Boston, You better go and check out those girls in the vintage car, and possibly the one in the background near the entry is overheating or almost on fire??? - every time I look the smoke seems to be increasing...

2. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Hi Mas,

Thanks for the PM. I'll keep in mind.

Boston, winter is the time to do glassing, it gives you lots of time to work witht the stuff so it comes out just right. We have an early summer, I have 10 mins flat to do what I want and then it's over. A bit shitty when you have a largish thing to make, especially half way through if the timer tells you Beeeeep ! Too late, start over :(

3. Boston

Boston Previous Member

winter set in in about a day round here
    was 80 on sunday
    is 37 now
    just had to waist a day moving everything inside into my incredibly to small basement
    what a pain in the but
    oh well
    for what I do temp effects glue mostly
    Ive actually never touched fiberglass other than to do dent and scratch repairs
    in that regard its a lot like auto body work

so whats new on the build today Brian
    pictures ?

4. masalai

masalai masalai

Ordered $600 in International 'bogging' paint from the rep, who calls by fortnightly, as the magic team are heavily into sanding and finishing the insides, prior to doing the decks... and also purchased 4 lengths of 80mm 'stormwater' pipe and some elbows, to carry the electrical and associated systems... and then up to Buderim to sort out some technical issues on my new toys (802.11g wireless not working - probably drivers not installed?:D:rolleyes: :eek: :?: )

Fanie see your epoxy rep as there are different hardeners for different temperatures - we use 3 different ones I think, and the temperature range in "working hours" is about 12 to 35 deg Celsius or else visit the ATL and email off a few questions http://www.atlcomposites.com.au/atl_composites/ it is a big site and I have found them most helpful - - - Come build in Australia, my space should be available in early 2010 - rent, including power is AU$1900.00 for 6 months, paid in advance... and the owner of the property is a qualified electrician - so can legally certify the wiring etc as legally compliant... Australian ship registration has some advantages in regional acceptance... Federal registration fee is some AU$800 and is forever...

5. masalai

masalai masalai

Hello everybody... Back from Buderim and looked in on my build on the way home so that means more pretty pictures :D:D:D white bog sprayed on, and it all looks good in the shower toilet areas port side and false floors prep work for starboard...

Attached Files:

6. masalai

masalai masalai

And a few more - - unused P & S cargo hold :D:D:D washing machine does fit nicely (in forward section of starboard hull), and a view forward over port hull... I am growing a bigger smile each day - by April I will outdo the "Cheshire cat":D:D:D

Attached Files:

7. masalai

masalai masalai

Attached Files:

8. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

This sucks a bit, a COFFEE mug by the PC ??? or is it just sloppy photography... :rolleyes:

And muffs and a respirator by the washing machine ? Wow !

9. Boston

Boston Previous Member

looks great Mas
    just a thought
    introduce those guys to Mr Sander and tell em to have at those curved cuts before they paint anymore
    couldnt help but notice those edges were looking kinda rough to be painted even with base coat
    that or your going to end up hitting the sanded areas again anyway unless you hit em now
    might as well only do it once mate
    cheers
    B

10. masalai

masalai masalai

Fanie, - - That... is my rum-mug...:D:D:D:D it helps me to follow a rumb line... Boston, - - Will be done, patience dear sir...

Fanie, on the topic of satphones & HF a one stop shop... see www.kyle.com.au and for enquiries email mark@kyle.com.au and he will assist you with what you need at competitive prices for the coverage acceptable to you whilst sailing - he is an amateur radio person and office is a big shed in his back yard with quite a few radios on at all times some wired somewhere phone inside Australia is 07 3888 7899 landline or mobile 0408 724 272 but please do not call for a chat as he is mostly quite busy... - - - Seems the website has changed a bit and some parts are not back up yet, so an email may be the go... He had competitive pricing and 3 different deals for boating and other adventurers heading for remote parts.

11. boat fan

boat fan Senior Member

FANBLOODYTASTIC MAS !!!!!!!:D:cool::cool::cool::D

12. masalai

masalai masalai

Come-on 'boat fan' - commit and get building!!!:D what size/style suits your inclination and budget?

13. boat fan

boat fan Senior Member

I will have to ....eventually:D

How`s the dust storm that came up from Sydney town ?:(

14. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Ive just seen the light,---its a--- Lion with its paw on its face!!!!

15. boat fan

boat fan Senior Member

Leo....:D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.