1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

My little piece of peace

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by masalai, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masalai

masalai masalai

A bit time-consuming to get a nice curve like this (1), but worth the effort, - even from the inside (2), and then some edge detail (3) - - silly camera does not like focusing where there is depth of field, but, detail of the hatch to the hold below the aft berth (4), (some filleting work looked a blur but the normal surface was in focus? and the inside of one of the "cupboards" can be seen but flash effect and white flow-coat rendered it not worthwhile posting. - detail on the supports for the berth after the temporary screws were removed and final epoxy to be applied to seal the holes/joins (5)..

Attached Files:

2. masalai

masalai masalai

The next image is of the chainplate, complete with temporarily resident spider (web to be seen) (1), the "hold under the aft berth (2), finger hole to facilitate lifting the under-berth holds' hatch (3), positioning the forward beam for positioning and tapeing into place (4), whenever surplus epoxy mix, these were made (for use in the base of the aft berths) (5)...

Attached Files:

3. masalai

masalai masalai

Tom, I just put about 9 images of the John Hitch "X-IT" in my gallery - enjoy...

4. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Mas, There is a Hitch boat at the Brisbane Boatanic Gardens if you want to see another rig, I was working a boat there last week, it has been there for a while.

5. masalai

masalai masalai

Thanks for spotting, but I have had an interesting chat with John Hitch, at Mooloolaba, who answered most of my questions, The "hitch-hiker" is the rig that I am using no main a blade/self tacking storm sail midships forward, and to each bow from the masthead, 2 large genoas, all on roller reefing / furling... Just sorting out the sheets and stays, (where they go without interfering with each other), is giving a bit of concern...

6. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Eh Mas, it's beginning to look really good.

One Q please, the thing with the hole in it, can't figger this one out. It's either a basin or a head or a foot spa or all of the above :D

Attached Files:

• Mas.jpg
      Mas.jpg
      File size:
      62.9 KB
      Views:
  7. masalai

masalai masalai

The hand basin cut-out "... Shower stall & hand-basin bench being fitted ..." - - I was given a melamine bowl with blue coloured patterns inside and the hole is for it....

8. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Cheeesss... losing your sense of humour there eh. You were not supposed to give the correct answer :D

If my things work out it is going to be really nice to watch the launch. You better organise a film crew for the event. Imo it is the nicest kick under the butt thrill when she slips onto the water that first time. Man oh man :cool:

Are you sure this pile of firewood of your's is going to float ?

9. masalai

masalai masalai

I havn't finished, I was reading your joke to LL and having another good laugh, - one must do as one is told by a "senior authority - she who must be obeyed - Yes Dear".... So to continue, it is a carefully devised device which will only be explained as construction nears completion... It relates to research similar to this... http://www.theaureport.com/pub/na/2... John Licata Still Eyeing $1,200 Gold in 2009

10. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Ah !!! I get it. You are going to generate your own methane gas that can be used for cooking, that will produce more methane gas for more cooking and that will produce even more methane gas for even more cooking and so on.

So it's a restaurant you're starting :D and no guest leaves before contributing to the methane process... I can see it is going to boil with activity :D

Ok, so you're going back to the steam engine also... ? Human powered so to speak :rolleyes:

11. masalai

masalai masalai

Oh dear, I have told you twice now, I will use another term "cold fusion", with a palladium catalytic cathode and electrolyte containing heavy water or deuterium... And I thought you were the technical/scientific one, and that that is what you were working on too?

4+ hours later... 16:52 local time, Sorry Fanie, I forgot to answer one of your questions, Being made of one of the lighter woods, totally sealed in 'glass'-tape/cloth/epoxy, it should float... even if someone tries to fill it with water after turning off the bilge pumps, disabling the security alarms, disconnects the batteries, and feeds the pet, (shark), he is always hungry...:D:D:D:D Boston is the steam enthusiast and the thought of methane and restaurant together (not a good mix):D:D - - - I thought of another application for the "hole thing" - so that Sean will feel comfortable when he visits (look at his avatar)... Hi Sean:D:D:D

More DuFLEX being delivered tomorrow or Friday so hopefully something to photograph and post on the weekend...

18:11 - 3 Sep 09 - - Surprise.... 5 more then another 5 hehehe... (1) looking aft to aft stbd berth, (2) battery - RO watermaker - inverter and battery charge controllers etc, (3) Stbd looking fwd to laundry, (4) over engine room - Hot water system etc. - to forward sections for chain/anchor lockers and "dorado" air pumps for engine and battery rooms, (5) down to port midships area...

Attached Files:

12. masalai

masalai masalai

Aft berth port, Stern view port, the sump and raised shower floor, looking forward from aft port berth, steps to aft port berth looking from shower area...

Attached Files:

13. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

I'm soooo jealous. If you are going to make a trip to 'run it in', how about to here so I can also have a spin in it .... ??

I'll give you points for it :D

14. masalai

masalai masalai

How about some pure gold and you can have it after returning me home - say - , 11 KG ?

15. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Comma one one Kg ? Taken :p

Tomorrow and this weekend is a very very important time for me. Cross your fingers and toes.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.