1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

My little piece of peace

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by masalai, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masalai

masalai masalai

Nup, I would rather a coralline uplift... - - A rising island caused by tectonic plate movement... Far more stable and has "critical mass" sufficient to be readily self supporting for a sustainable lifestyle... My boat is the means of transport...

2. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Sorry for the retarded response Mas, RHP... I don't function well in arctic conditions. As Manie said, the sun is out and there is a little bit of sun. Any change was an improvement.

You guys get stars for appliances ? We used to get them in pre-school IF you behave. Wasn't one of my strong points though :D I'm sure I might have gotten one or two for consistency though.

3. masalai

masalai masalai

Thanks Fanie, we are getting that cold weather now, but everybody turned to face north to fart and we blew the bad weather south :D:D:D:D

4. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

I didn't know one can go more south from where you are.

5. masalai

masalai masalai

Hey, I am North of Brisbane... hehehe - How many points did you loose to "the phantom" rep poster? - -

Well the build is progressing very nicely, shelving (hull stiffening:D) and putting epoxy coat on all surfaces, ready to close up as a void, or, flow-coat for shelves/cupboards, or, 2 part paint for the 'wet' areas (shower / toilet / laundry)... tapeing over the filleted joins (epoxy & 700gsm tape) - stuff that takes time and does not show up well photographically...

The Kubota722, was skillfully marinised and supplied by Stewart at (Sea Wasp) http://seawasp.com.au/projects.html is now at, http://www.wattagan.com.au/index.html?target=p_8.html&lang=en-us, Wattagan, where Phil is fitting the Delco alternators and controls, to deliver charging capacity to the 48V bank of batteries... The batteries have been moved forward of the mast in the same area as the genset... - - - - - That space, where there used to be 2 head-to-head double berths - smart way to reduce "overnighter guests" as it is NOT a hotel, - - will now house the genset, controllers for engine charging the batteries, 20 Optima D34M batteries, SEAP-48-3K8 inverter, RO watermaker, and some fuel and water tankage...

- - Short list on the batteries is the Optima D34M (20 units) - depending on pricing, - as with 2000W of solar panels on the 48V circuit and 400W on the 12 V circuit. http://www.ausolar.com/products.htm .. all this because the Torqeedo 4.0R from Claude http://www.torqeedoaustralia.com/Torqeedo_Australia/Home.html is my choice for powered drive...

6. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Hull stiffening... WOW ! Kinky bugger eh :D

So when you've stiffned it up some you are going to start stuffing it :D Maybe you should fill er up after she's in the water. What will you do if it's too heavy to transport it to the water ? Or is the downhill to the coast steep enough ? And how will you know if it will actually float with all those appliences.

7. masalai

masalai masalai

By weighing everything before purchasing... Dragging from shed for final fit-out and mini-keels / rudders fitted... Place on the same trailer "Schools Out" used then sneak down the road a couple of hundred meters and wait for the tide to come in - as it usually does - all tooo easy, 'cept it is a Bob Oram design not a 'Snell Easy' one :D:D:D:D:D

It is always a case of building where launching does not create unnecessary problems (If you like to do things the hard way, try making love whilst balancing on the top wire of a barbed wire fence)

8. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

This of course just depends how desperate you are. I'm sure it has been done before :D

I'm going to do a test run with the wet out machine this weekend. The first beam will be hand spun since I had to spend a little f fortune on security stuff instead of buying the drive and motor for it :( The amount of armed robberies here...

Some pics would be in order, don't let me catch you getting skimpy on the important things ;)

9. Boston

Boston Previous Member

hey Mas
    love the way you mounted the Torquidos
    great set up
    brilliantly done mate even keeps em out of the way of swimmers and such
    best
    B

10. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Beautifull stuff
    i too would be like a kid in a candy store

Sea Wasp

Wattagan

Ausolar

very very cool

11. masalai

masalai masalai

Errrr Boston, that is not my boat that is Bryan's 46ft "Schools Out", he as gone sailing - I am still building.... Torqeedo's are like little outboards without the engine on top and will be mounted in a similar place but tilt as an outboard does... - - up aft...

Thanks Manie, the crew are looking for another 'Oram Design' project - to commence when mine is launched April 2010...

12. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

No No torquidos are rocket like bombs that submarines fire out of the front at ships N stuff.

You know they had them is the war.

13. masalai

masalai masalai

hehehe, I think we are all a little bored and need some entertainment? Drivel 2?

14. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Bored ? No man, what you get where ? There's no time, a gazillion things to do.

Have you any more news yet ?

15. Boston

Boston Previous Member

ah ha
    I thought maybe you had suddenly made some serious progress
    I still like the set up in Bryan's 46
    I saw on the torquido web site that they flip up and down off the stern but thought maybe you had got creative with the mounting brackets
    I thought that thing looked awfully done in a hurry

best
    B

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.