Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors

Go Back   Boat Design Forums > Construction > Marketplace
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Most Recent Posts Gallery Images Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 03:56 AM
masalai

Rep: 1847 Posts: 6,854
Nup, I would rather a coralline uplift... - - A rising island caused by tectonic plate movement... Far more stable and has "critical mass" sufficient to be readily self supporting for a sustainable lifestyle... My boat is the means of transport...

Old 08-03-2009, 07:05 AM
Fanie

Rep: 2424 Posts: 4,376
Sorry for the retarded response Mas, RHP... I don't function well in arctic conditions. As Manie said, the sun is out and there is a little bit of sun. Any change was an improvement.

You guys get stars for appliances ? We used to get them in pre-school IF you behave. Wasn't one of my strong points though I'm sure I might have gotten one or two for consistency though.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:18 AM
masalai

Thanks Fanie, we are getting that cold weather now, but everybody turned to face north to fart and we blew the bad weather south
Old 08-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Fanie

I didn't know one can go more south from where you are.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:36 PM
masalai

Hey, I am North of Brisbane... hehehe - How many points did you loose to "the phantom" rep poster? - -

Well the build is progressing very nicely, shelving (hull stiffening) and putting epoxy coat on all surfaces, ready to close up as a void, or, flow-coat for shelves/cupboards, or, 2 part paint for the 'wet' areas (shower / toilet / laundry)... tapeing over the filleted joins (epoxy & 700gsm tape) - stuff that takes time and does not show up well photographically...

The Kubota722, was skillfully marinised and supplied by Stewart at (Sea Wasp) http://seawasp.com.au/projects.html is now at, http://www.wattagan.com.au/index.htm...tml&lang=en-us, Wattagan, where Phil is fitting the Delco alternators and controls, to deliver charging capacity to the 48V bank of batteries... The batteries have been moved forward of the mast in the same area as the genset... - - - - - That space, where there used to be 2 head-to-head double berths - smart way to reduce "overnighter guests" as it is NOT a hotel, - - will now house the genset, controllers for engine charging the batteries, 20 Optima D34M batteries, SEAP-48-3K8 inverter, RO watermaker, and some fuel and water tankage...

- - Short list on the batteries is the Optima D34M (20 units) - depending on pricing, - as with 2000W of solar panels on the 48V circuit and 400W on the 12 V circuit. http://www.ausolar.com/products.htm .. all this because the Torqeedo 4.0R from Claude http://www.torqeedoaustralia.com/Tor...alia/Home.html is my choice for powered drive...
Old 08-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Fanie

Hull stiffening... WOW ! Kinky bugger eh

So when you've stiffned it up some you are going to start stuffing it Maybe you should fill er up after she's in the water. What will you do if it's too heavy to transport it to the water ? Or is the downhill to the coast steep enough ? And how will you know if it will actually float with all those appliences.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:17 PM
masalai

By weighing everything before purchasing... Dragging from shed for final fit-out and mini-keels / rudders fitted... Place on the same trailer "Schools Out" used then sneak down the road a couple of hundred meters and wait for the tide to come in - as it usually does - all tooo easy, 'cept it is a Bob Oram design not a 'Snell Easy' one

It is always a case of building where launching does not create unnecessary problems (If you like to do things the hard way, try making love whilst balancing on the top wire of a barbed wire fence)
Old 08-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Fanie

Quote:
try making love whilst balancing on the top wire of a barbed wire fence
This of course just depends how desperate you are. I'm sure it has been done before

I'm going to do a test run with the wet out machine this weekend. The first beam will be hand spun since I had to spend a little f fortune on security stuff instead of buying the drive and motor for it The amount of armed robberies here...

Some pics would be in order, don't let me catch you getting skimpy on the important things
Old 08-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Previous Member

hey Mas
love the way you mounted the Torquidos
great set up
brilliantly done mate even keeps em out of the way of swimmers and such
best
B
Old 08-06-2009, 02:29 AM

Rep: 1712 Posts: 1,798
Beautifull stuff
i too would be like a kid in a candy store

Sea Wasp

Wattagan

Ausolar

very very cool
Old 08-06-2009, 03:31 AM
masalai

Errrr Boston, that is not my boat that is Bryan's 46ft "Schools Out", he as gone sailing - I am still building.... Torqeedo's are like little outboards without the engine on top and will be mounted in a similar place but tilt as an outboard does... - - up aft...

Thanks Manie, the crew are looking for another 'Oram Design' project - to commence when mine is launched April 2010...
Old 08-06-2009, 03:34 AM
Previous Member

No No torquidos are rocket like bombs that submarines fire out of the front at ships N stuff.

You know they had them is the war.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:42 AM
masalai

hehehe, I think we are all a little bored and need some entertainment? Drivel 2?
Old 08-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Fanie

Bored ? No man, what you get where ? There's no time, a gazillion things to do.

Have you any more news yet ?

Old 08-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Previous Member

ah ha
I thought maybe you had suddenly made some serious progress
I still like the set up in Bryan's 46
I saw on the torquido web site that they flip up and down off the stern but thought maybe you had got creative with the mounting brackets
I thought that thing looked awfully done in a hurry

best
B
Closed Thread