1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

My little piece of peace

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by masalai, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masalai

masalai masalai

Thanks Fanie, will follow up on your links - did not think of that :D:D:D

OK, now to upload some images of the current status of my work-in-progress...

Attached Files:

2. masalai

masalai masalai

The following, another of the steps, and although slightly different - because of the chamfer positioning, they work very well - no problems..., then the freezers to be installed (they can be controlled to work as a very efficient fridge)... Then the washing machine that draws 330 watts! followed by some images of "the boat outside" - to be launched on Monday evening AEST...

Attached Files:

3. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

I can see where the library goes with all that shelving :D

Keep them pics coming, it's progress.

Washing machine ? Awwww that's nothing ! Check mine out :D

It works like a bona fide pressure cooker. Couple of turns, let it soak a bit, another couple of turns, rinse and you're done.

Power consumption is less than a beer ;)

It is lightweight (for a washing machine) easy to operate and is small in size, yet works efficient.

Attached Files:

4. masalai

masalai masalai

hehehe, but mine has a spin dryer and a servant willing to do the work:D:D:D - Just costs a bit of gold - not through the nose:D:D (We are tooo advanced here - = stupid, - and those efficient machines are just not available anywhere????)

5. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

My mother found it in some shop. It hasn't got a spin dry cycle though, that's done in the rigging, and pre-wash is dragging the rags behind the boat. Stay soft is shaking it vigorously when dry. :D

6. RHP

RHP Senior Member

Mas, I've stayed out of this thread as I have no experience to pass on.

Its all mighty impressive, keep going mate though the fridges and washing machine are real (heavy) luxuries.... whats their tinny capacity?

Cheers
    R

7. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Hi Rest Hin Peace :D

Masalai is going to moore the boat in the harbour and I bet it's never going to see the outside world.
    Either that or get a very long power cord to support all those machines ;)

8. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

Mas, you've been hard at work while I was on a long vacation. Everything look very good and you are really moving along. Anxious to see many more pictures. Are you keeping track of your hours and if so how many to date?
    Keep up the great work. Stan

9. masalai

masalai masalai

RHP, 181 litres each, and they are quite light and one of the best rated I have seen anywhere (In Oz we have a "star rating" system for electrical appliances and these are 5 star of 6....) and the washing machine is quite light too... and is highly rated for water efficiency and low energy use with a 5kg dry capacity... Hours can be easily calculated 16 / day 5 day week and commencement date 23 April 2009 so far about 8 lay days due to inclement weather... Thanks all for the comments...

Fanie, has batteries 48v x 220Ah, 6000 watt genset, 2000 watt solar panels, RO watermaker, (Nav and ships electrics are on a separate 12 v system) and NO CONNECTION for shore power.... sails give about 120 sq m and engines deliver 96 kg thrust each, all I need is a guarantee to catch fish

10. RHP

RHP Senior Member

Fanie, I hear you can get extendable hydraulic boat legs that drop down from a watertight locker in each hull so the boat can neatly sit on its bottom whilst in the marina. Why rock for gods sake when you dont have to? He could then run an underwater cable direct from the power station through a stern gland again so no one could see.

Phase 2 is potted plants and ruddy great big yellow and white striped sun awnings! :D :D

11. RHP

RHP Senior Member

12. masalai

masalai masalai

It is, but the technicalities are top secret... it runs on mispronounced words and muffed phrases like 'Nukular' and 'Aluuminim' and 'Gas' when they mean petroleum, not actual, natural, or any other form... :D:D:D so I need to get several recordings of the Shrubs speeches... I tried it out the other day and also worked quite well on lies - but not ******** - strange how it could detect the difference....

I prefer the living 'toys' and just because I do not like bottled gas because of its explosive nature:D:D:D do not get mislead by the perceived penalty - all has been carefully assessed and evaluated....

13. downunder

downunder Junior Member

Propulison system

Mas,

what type of propulsion system is 'School's Out' using. Electric or hydraulic.

Great progress and picture story.

14. masalai

masalai masalai

Electric "Re-Power" 10kw I think... using 48vDC in Pulse width modulation - almost the same type of technology mine (Torqeedo) uses except I am 4400 watts peak for something like 96kg static thrust...

I just set up for a business to supply freezer controls so they become refrigerators without messing with the internal electrics, Sorry Yanks only 240Vac at the moment

Also computers using low power mini itx formfactor motherboards which may be sorted to run on 12V DC for boats - has all the desirable in/out & stuff - more later:D:D:D has more grunt than a "malley bull" version one has 1 terrabyte of HDD and 4Gig of ram Dvi or HDMI out Vga out 802.11b/g 4 sata 3.0Gbps ports, 10 USB2.0 RJ45 (10/100/1000) port, Nvidia GeForce 8200, DirectX 10 with shader AMD Phenom mobile cpu, slim line DVD burner... all contained in the size of a reem of A4 paper (which is about 11.25 x 8.25 x 2 inches)...

The next one will be in a similar sized box with the addition of - - - "the fastest onboard graphics - AMD® 780G and with the help of 128MB side-port memory, it further boosts up the graphics performance by another 15-19%... Featuring the hardware HD video decoder – Universal Video Decoder, and supporting Avivo™ HD natively, MINIX™ 780G-SP128MB are also ready for DirectX® 10 7.1+2 Channel High-Performance audio" (analogue-coax out, optical out, coax in)... both are being examined to see how they go....

15. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

This is going to put a smile on your face for the next month

after a bitterly cold weekend the sun has finally come out and i suppose we can look forward to the new week and month with a little bit more entusiasm

i am sitting here planning my week ahead and having the early morning cup of cofffee, reading all the bits and pieces when i came across this island thing

my oh my, the sheer innocence and creativity of it all, he has even got his own "sun cooker" Jeez here we are all designing and building these big boats and he just grows it!

you must set the scene properly

1 cuppa coffee or tea
    2 for those with dual monitors here is the background music
    3 watch as many of the episodes as you wish (there are many)

the music
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LANwIgpha7k

the show
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r23J...264A0A42&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=31

enjoy :D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.