1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

My little piece of peace

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by masalai, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Something wrong here, the Allura uses twice as much fuel, is 3 1/2 tons lighter and uses 400HP to do 20 KTS and yet has 11 feet longer water line.

2. masalai

masalai masalai

Is that the "chutzpah factor" where the stink-boaties demand a respectable fuel consumption to justify their lifestyle (and ensure only the wealthy can match their lifestyle of extravagance), where a deep throaty rumble is mandatory? and Frosty that was a 55 and over-engined for that effect, as, if your "fuelefficient toyota's" were installed, then 20knots as per your current - and do not forget your efficiency is enhanced with surface piercing screws.... I am sure Bob could adapt to achieve your desires - Place an ORDER..... my build site will be available in April?

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Of course mas, you did'nt know this?

A stink boat is the ultimate big balls macho man ****. I have straight thru exhausts and man they howl, tee hee.

With Captains hat,-- and as soon as the wife can do it I want some stripes on my shoulders, I go to the bridge look stern and confident and ask the linesmaen to "loose" ( I know its German but I heard it one day and thought,-- ooh that sounds good.)

Then slowly very slowly leave the dock, select starboard astern as soon as I can missing the dock by feet, do a lovely pirouette while I pretend to look at gauges and play with buttons N stuff.

Then select both engines FWD and glance back to wave.

If you've never done this it the dogs bollocks

I thought I might get one of those things that go in your ear and pretend to be in communication with the marina or something.

4. Boston

Boston Previous Member

going to have to start calling you capt Ron

5. masalai

masalai masalai

Ahhhhh sheeeeite, the video stopped mid climax, just after he turned the wheel fiddled with something then the shot over the band on the dock - FROZEN SOLID then vanished all because of narrow band from pigbond - :eek: :confused: :?: (I paid my account on time too).... WTF, can someone just post the link?

Frosty, is that something like the under-endowed loosers in the testicular & with erectile disfunction department, who buy land vehicles with stickers like "JetPilot", and have phat tyres, 6" exhaust pipes, double quad headlights, faded ladies knickers hanging on the aerials (actually corner markers for the vehicle)? and pay hookers to ride their pimpmobile 'caus that is the only way they could get a female any-where near them? - - - soooo sorry for those poor deluded sods:D:D:D:D

Stories and other evidence from when Errol Flynn was in PNG seem to suggest he was very useful in spreading his genes everywhere 'till he got chased out of town to make a name for himself in Hollywood.... He did not need such accoutrements, as some seem to need, as postulated above....

6. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Awwh geez you missed a fantastic VDO there mas. But a better VDo appears in the menu where this guy does similar in a power boat but its not a Hollywood job. I think its called near miss or something.

I come in very slowly because crunching noises turn out to be very expensive and the tide pases sideways through the marina.

Fortunately I have 2 docks so I cant hit anyone but I do stay midd way and don't throw lines until I am positioned.

I usually radio my neighbor to help out, the marina staff always seem to stand down wind or down tide when I really need securing up wind or tide.

They take it personally and ride away on their bicycles when the missus throw lines to my neighbor who is correctly positioned to tie the boat up correctly without bouncing off fenders etc.

Once its hanging off the lines with at least one springer I cut the motors and come down to help.

7. masalai

masalai masalai

Well please, just post a bloody link, please,,,,,,, as I did not get the email-alert of Boston's post and all that shows up on my screen is the video (could also be my browser "protecting me" from intrusions as I have turned off many "run automatically" functions to stop overlays of spam videos).....

Thanks Tom :D:D:D rewards have been posted:D:D:D

8. Scrumble

Scrumble Oram 46'C MS Builder

1 person likes this.
  9. Boston

Boston Previous Member

10. masalai

masalai masalai

Boston, Thanks, will watch again, just couldnt recall some of it...

11. masalai

masalai masalai

Thursday and all the fiddley bits like making holes for doorways and fitting bulkheads etc so, nothing dramatic but here are some shots... The "mast" bulkhead is just sitting there and will be fixed in place today as will the next bulkhead aft which has glass chainplates which, I am told can each carry the entire weight of the boat...

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  12. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Don't forget the microwave and a place to bung the telly. Seriously the most used items on my boat.

Oh and fridges, I use cocktail fridges,--domestic 5 years now no trouble and if I do I can buy new for 100 dollar. I can run all fridges and air con on the gen, or the fridges on the inverter when at sea.

By the way my Gen is a modified industrial deisel electric start, 1/4 the price of a "marine" without water !!!!! Interested ??? ive had it for 5 years and its never missed a beat. it weighs 35 kilo and can be replaced at the local farmers shop.

I can run it when im on the hard or the beach,--no its not on the deck its down below and with the telly on you cant hear it.

I hate marine stuff,-- expensive crap.

Wanna hear about the marine wiper motor? 3 months,-- replaced for Toyota 4 years ago,--(I forgot about that one)

13. masalai

masalai masalai

Most of my domestic stuff is standard domestic, and these Hi-Tech batteries with a 10yr guarantee at more than 3 times the price of a standard car one with a 3 yr guarantee??? - Had a good brain fart the other day, half inch copper waterpipe with thick insulation makes an excellent conductor for the 48v cable at less resistance and greater surface section to carry more amps or same amps at less $$$... :D:D:D flatten the ends and copper connect to busbar for distribution & fuses at either end and after busbar... Is that good or have I miscalculated somewhere?

14. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

48V ??? whats that for?

Im all for interesting ideas but if they are too radical they may devalue your boat.

15. masalai

masalai masalai

Torqeedo (2 year replacement guarantee) electric drives (I call them "outboards") that require 48VDC and can use 4400watts for a short time and cruise easy at 500 to 2500watts... should give me up to about 6 knots in "no wind calm seas" - for more data I will have to wait 'till it is launched... Solar panels (2000watts and have room for a discrete 3000watt installation), 21hp kubota DC charger and batteries with appropriate inverters will power the domestic stuff, generator to catch up if the batteries lag a little and whilst "motor-sailing" on a cloudy day.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.