1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

My little piece of peace

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by masalai, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Nope.

2. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Not blind with jealousy Mas, just po. Not at you either. Bu-hut, someone has to give you a bit of grief to keep you on your toes. I don't want you to get sloppy during the late stages of building :D

It's actually this 4th world country we live in. I'm waiting for the so called metal guys to get their butts in gear and get a move on with a machine I'm building for glassing. In the past where something was done in a week it now takes a month, and that since they implemented this black empowerment everywhere. Now working at africa time some of the whites comfortably fall right in. 4 5 c :(

3. masalai

masalai masalai

Ahhhh well counter poo with poo? I thought the whole world is defaulting into 4th then 5th world economy thanks to septic debt or is that toxic debt (stuff that is worthless but cost a fortune in borrowed money) - - so who is rolling in all that surplus cash?

Even gold is falling in price/value because of free market manipulation (was 1400 an oz when all anticipated a rise to 3000 but now has dropped to 11xx/oz in AU$) - because of the increasing value of the AU$ against the US$ and gold price is set in US$ by USA.....

4. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Just because the whole world is tripping doesn't mean we all should fall on our faces. There is always a choice.

5. masalai

masalai masalai

6. ThomD

ThomD Senior Member

"Water ballast is a component, mainly to counter use of fuel, food and water during a cruise as light weight cats are load sensitive."

Bob has aspirations a little bit more extreme than that. Like me he is a G32 admirer, a cat with a beam to length ratio of 1-4. Bob is currently dreaming of the Slim range, that will be a 50 foot cat of minimal beam. Water ballast will be significant part of the stability there, and that thinking is in a lot of his boats.

7. masalai

masalai masalai

Only one of several interests and tests being carried out by Bob, Just because someone walks does not mean that they are excluded from running, sailing, cycling, flying etc... :D:D:D, My replies relate to my build of one of Bob Orams designs...

8. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

I too think you should chop it in two Mas, make it a looong thin slender thing :D

So, what's happening ?

9. masalai

masalai masalai

Oh do you want more pictures showing little change?, - as the work is - - bogging, torture-boarding (sanding & fairing) ad infinitum - - and today to finish the underside undercoat then get ready to join the two halves today or tomorrow... So, you will have to wait till then to see the boat as a floatable object:D:D:D:D

I am still mightily pissed off at our septic friends because of their (Bernankie et al) manipulating foreign exchange rates and gold bullion (actual metal) prices by naked short selling paper on gold to the tune of more than 1.5 million ounces in trades that are known / documented by 2 or 3 or the USA banks that were bailed out by the FED (under the instructions of the FED?)... I used to think there was an expectation of some moral responsibility by the USA in respect to having the US$ as the global currency of trade... - - - Now I know better if it does not suit USA domestic issues/needs/aspirations then the rest of the world can just bugger off and cop the losses.... However I expect (hope for) an improvement in the price of bullion for the rest of the world, in the second half of 09...:D:D:D:D a 45 minute round table discussion here http://www.financialsense.com/Experts/roundtable/2009/0613.html pick your preferred audio format to download or listen as a streamed podcast...

10. masalai

masalai masalai

Yeeee Haaaah, the hulls are together, does that mean I have a boat?

Attached Files:

11. masalai

masalai masalai

And some more:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Attached Files:

12. judy

judy Oram 44C Builder

Not until the bridgedeck join is taped.....

Love the "high tech" supports - a bit like the Suzuki car jacks we used. Also love the reinforced lifting points.

What happened with the missing starboard beam?

13. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

absolutely marvelous

congrats

it is beoooootifuuullll

and yes you do have a boat :D

14. masalai

masalai masalai

I do, I don't - Oh well it is now - or at least I hope it is, as I left around lunch time.... middle ones were temporary, two removed from starboard already...

15. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Damn, I must be care full not to drool on my keyboard here... :D

Easy. Is it a reality or are you still dreaming ? It's up to you. We can only spectate the whole scenario ;)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.