1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

My little piece of peace

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by masalai, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masalai

masalai masalai

Where Have I heard the phrase "Too many rats in the world".... some comedian or someone on TV... ? - I hope you win that war... A nice fresh pumpkin seed or a bit of "smelly cheese" melted slightly with a gas lighter after setting on the trap... Otherwise you may have to "sink the boat" as it seems that rats always are the first to leave a sinking ship - does that apply to boats too ???

2. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Things have moved up a bit.I have seen evidence of the ******* in the boat, some urin on the galley top Yuk --this was is on.

3. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

4. masalai

masalai masalai

'Ratsack' works, and is also effective on other uninvited pests... Notify the marina management as that presents a serious health hazard...

Rats (not so much mice) carry all sorts of diseases on themselves as fleas and other parasites as well as infections they carry... When I went to work in Solomon Islands - the coastal ship I was sent to manage - had a very large complement of rats brought on-board with the copra... The 'original' rat-traps were most effective... Those rats were almost the size of cats....

5. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

6. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Damn --no sign of anything this morning > I left it some toast and some milk and a little piece of toilet paper incase he needed to poop, but nothing,--- niether was the trap tripped outside. Any help here, can anyone think like a rat.

Ive heard moth balls sends them nuts, and catching them in my experience with rat glue is best.

But as yet I am still faceds with the possibility I dont have one.

7. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

The bucket and tube trick,or the bucket method- work good...then all you need to do is dump it overboard.
    Or skin and sautee lightly with garlic and basil

8. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Could you be more specific? Ive heard of the bucket method in contraception but never for rat control.

Its amazing what you can do with a bucket, some one should write a book.

We had a plastic surgeon stay next to us a few days ago in his boat. I asked if he could put a new handle on my bucket but he didnt seem interested.

9. sabahcat

sabahcat Senior Member

10. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

Frosty I looked up "bucket" on urbandictionary and it seems you are hiding a secret from us all. :eek:

Basically you make them walk out onto a board (via bait) or tube which overbalances and dunks them into a bucket of water.Bucket on floor beside galley counter,tube/stick on top.

Or get a largish bowl,put an inch or two of veg oil with a big blob of peanut butter in it.Build a ramp for any possible wheelchair rats. Will have zero traction and drown or float there awaiting the dungeon master.

Apparently the 20l buckets are also used as marital aids...my only guess is to cover someone's head.

11. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Bucket method of contraception.

Female stands on a firm platform and the male stands on a buket, when the males eyes glaze over the female kicks the bucket away.

12. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

....even cheaper is to put a penny between the knees...it must be held firm.....

13. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Naaa,---I bet I could still get in there.

14. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

15. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I cant do you tube my flash player wont work even though I down loaded a new one.

Im not too sure on you tube but it definately will not play Hamster ****.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.